F13: The Community » Discussion » The Party Cabin » TV & Films

24: Live Another Day (new season 2014)

TV & Films Talk about your favorite shows and films.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #176
The One and Only
Deranged Psychopath

Default Re: 24

Honestly, I think Attack of the Show is, and does attract a rather liberal group of followers. And Bauer and 24 has been looked at by many on the left as propaganda for the Bush Administration and its "phoney" War on Terror. Although looking back Charles Logan resembled a lot of what I've heard for years by Bush's critics. They seemed to want the man to be a total idiot, and an evil mastermind at the same time. But, looking throughout the show's history, just last year the villains in the show was a private military contractor trying to get rid of the president. Season Two had a group of Radical Islamist Terrorists, whose plans for nuclear terrorism was actually part of the plan by a group of petrolium execs to create a war in the Middle East. So to reap a windfall in profits to corner the oil market. Stuff the critics of the show would've picked up on if they actually watched the show.

Last edited by The One and Only; 06-02-2010 at 04:51 AM.
The One and Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #177
The Dream Master
Cheap Seed
Forum Staff

The thing is, you can argue that 24 is one of the most neutral politically charged shows ever. For example, this season: who ends up looking like the best party out of the big three? The Muslim president, who is a woman no less. Meanwhile, the American and Russian governments are corrupt as fuck. Of course there have been other times when the reverse was true, but if I'm not mistaken, an American party has always been involved in all the crises in some ways. So, really, I would have to say that the show isn't propaganda for either side. If anything, it seems to be more liberal than conservative, despite the somewhat hawkish and "ends justifying the means" mentality the show projects at times.

Oh, the Horror! - All Decades, All Sub-Genres!

Balls Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
EFilmCritic - reviews of everything else
The Dream Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 AM   #178
The Tall Man
The Last Dinosaur
Deranged Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream Master View Post
For example, this season: who ends up looking like the best party out of the big three? The Muslim president, who is a woman no less..
Sidebar: who was that chick? I wanted to nail her to the wall.

T.M., Esq.

"HOOPER OUT!"
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #179
Penhall
Skillful Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream Master View Post
The thing is, you can argue that 24 is one of the most neutral politically charged shows ever. For example, this season: who ends up looking like the best party out of the big three? The Muslim president, who is a woman no less. Meanwhile, the American and Russian governments are corrupt as fuck. Of course there have been other times when the reverse was true, but if I'm not mistaken, an American party has always been involved in all the crises in some ways. So, really, I would have to say that the show isn't propaganda for either side. If anything, it seems to be more liberal than conservative, despite the somewhat hawkish and "ends justifying the means" mentality the show projects at times.
I'd say the last few years have been more liberal, but it has been pretty even-sided throughout the run.

If it were a hard-core liberal show I wouldn't have bothered watching it, so they must have done a fairly good job appealing to both sides.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #180
The One and Only
Deranged Psychopath

The lovely lady who played Dalia Hassan, Necar Zadegan. Submitted for your approval Tall Man.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #181
Geddy Peart
Evil Overlord

Damn! They really dressed her down on 24.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:06 AM   #182
The One and Only
Deranged Psychopath

MADNESS.
No.
THAT'S...
JACK BAUER !!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #183
Geddy Peart
Evil Overlord

I finally found out the mask Jack wore was actually an airsoft mask:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...ducts_id=29787

I want one!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #184
The One and Only
Deranged Psychopath

Looking for the perfect gif for your special 24/Jack Bauer fan, then this is for them.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:55 AM   #185
Cody
strikes like Thunderball
Forum Staff

24: India

Quote:
Anil Kapoor has bought the rights of one of the most popular American tv series, 24. The show, which ran for eight seasons, also had Kapoor in a cameo in the finale season. His production company has now bought the remake rights and he will adapt it for the Indian telly.

Says a source close to the actor, "It took him a year of negotiations with the American producers and creators of 24 to crack the deal. The international team of 24 will be involved with the making. The show will air in Hindi and will also be dubbed in various regional languages. Kapoor is in talks with India's top channels and the show will air sometime next year.

In this counter-terrorism drama, Anil will playing the iconic character of Jack Bauer, which is played by Kiefer Sutherland in the original. The show will be shot on a big canvas and will have top actors in leading roles. Anil confirms, "I am really happy that the makers of the show have put their faith in me for its Indian version. When I was shooting for it in the US, I kept wishing that I could take something like this to my Indian audience. Now that wish is close to getting fulfilled."

When quizzed about stepping into Jack Bauer's shoes, he says, "It's a huge honour, but I am anxious as Jack is an iconic character like Jack Sparrow or Batman. He is loved all over the world. It's a great responsibility for me as an entrepreneur and as actor. I will try my best and hope I can do even 50 per cent of what they have done. If I achieve a little of what Keifer has, I will be happy."

Interestingly, Jack's most repeated line on the show is 'Son of a b***h!' Wonder how Anil will translate that in Hindi!
Kapoor interview

Quote:
THR: Your banner (Anil Kapoor Films Co.) has acquired the rights to make an Indian TV version of 24 with you playing the Jack Bauer role. How do you plan to approach this project?
AK: The original content of 24 itself is so great that it basically needs to be adapted to the Indian political system, culture and social values but the soul will be the same. Inherently 24 is a soap with a thriller format. With Jack's character there's the drama of family and husband and wife. He is a very down-to earth-guy who has attachments to and cares for relationships which makes him more vulnerable and relatable. Even when I did the final season of 24 portraying the Omar Hassan character, he also had the same layers of family relationships. He was not just a hardcore emotionelss politician. So I will definitely try to keep the original spirit of the Jack Bauer character and not dilute it too much.

THR: How do you see 24 bringing something new to India?
AK: It will be a game changer for Indian television in terms of budgets, scale and content. You have to realize that no major Indian film star has done this kind of television because usually Bollywood stars do chat shows or game shows. Even Kiefer Sutherland went to 24 as a film star.

THR: India's history with terrorism has been long and painful, so will there be references to real life?
AK: Just like the original 24 show, the Indian version will not directly name people or refer to situations. At the end of the day, its a fictional show but the treatment is real.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:04 AM   #186
Master Taffer
Resident Blackhand
Deranged Psychopath

There are those that believe the perfect heist lies in the preparation. Some say that it's all in the timing; seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it's the ability to leave no trace behind; be a ghost. For me? It's simple...
It's a way of life.
Master Taffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 AM   #187
Sean [The Wildcard]
The Ruddman Cometh
Deranged Psychopath

Ha, that was great.

I would totally eat a Dynamite Cupcake.

Sean [The Wildcard] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #188
WesReviews
*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiff*
Deranged Psychopath

Worst fake goatee/mustache ever? From 24 Season 2 Episode 11...

You can see the tape.
An evil old house, the kind some people call haunted, is like an undiscovered country waiting to be explored. Hill House had stood for 90 years and might stand for 90 more. Silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there... walked alone.
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #189
Master Taffer
Resident Blackhand
Deranged Psychopath

24 RETURNS?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
In a surprising bit of TV news, FOX is reportedly considering a revival of its hit real-time drama 24 as a limited event series.

Deadline reports that star Kiefer Sutherland is in talks to reprise his Emmy-winning role as Jack Bauer. While no deal is in place just yet, Sutherland is now technically free after his current show Touch was cancelled earlier today by FOX - though this news makes it clear the network are very keen to stay in business with Sutherland.

When 24 first ended its eight-season run, there were talks of a feature film that could potentially pick up the story. Ultimately, of course, that project never took off. Now, the idea is to start from scratch and delve into a completely new arc that will likely be supervised by Howard Gordon, 24's former showrunner.
There are those that believe the perfect heist lies in the preparation. Some say that it's all in the timing; seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it's the ability to leave no trace behind; be a ghost. For me? It's simple...
It's a way of life.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #190
The Dream Master
Cheap Seed
Forum Staff

In honor of this news, I'm gonna have a boner for 24 hours.

Oh, the Horror! - All Decades, All Sub-Genres!

Balls Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
EFilmCritic - reviews of everything else
The Dream Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked By:
Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #191
Master Taffer
Resident Blackhand
Deranged Psychopath

Fox tried to cancel Jack Bauer... Now Jack Bauer is returning to cancel Fox...
It's a way of life.
Liked By:
Old 05-11-2013, 03:21 AM   #192
Natman
Deranged Psychopath

Bauer/Whedon buddy cop comedy. NOW.
If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...
Natman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #193
Special Killa B
Back To Kick Terrorist Ass!!
Slayer of Evil

This is awesome news, hope it pans out!!
Special Killa B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #194
Master Taffer
Resident Blackhand
Deranged Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natman View Post
Bauer/Whedon buddy cop comedy. NOW.
Whedon? On Fox? Sounds like a great idea!
It's a way of life.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #195
Natman
Deranged Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taff View Post
Fox tried to cancel Jack Bauer... Now Jack Bauer is returning to cancel Fox...
Well, it was in reference to this.
If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...
Natman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #196
Master Taffer
Resident Blackhand
Deranged Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natman View Post
Well, it was in reference to this.
And I was referencing this:

It's a way of life.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #197
WesReviews
*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiff*
Deranged Psychopath

And it's OFFICIAL.

Kiefer Sutherland Signs On For More ’24′, New Limited Series Is A Go At Fox

Quote:
Jack Bauer is back! I’ve learned that, after marathon negotiations, Kiefer Sutherland has closed a deal for a new installment of 24 on Fox. With him on board, I hear Fox has greenlighted the real-time drama as a limited series and will announce it during its upfront presentation today. The continuation is a brain child of longtime 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, now executive producer of Showtime’s Homeland. His 20th Century Fox TV-based Teakwood Lane will co-produce the new 24 alongside original series producers Imagine TV and 20th TV, with Imagine’s Brian Grazer returning as executive producer. This will mark Fox’s second event series under the network’s push into that arena, joining the just-greenlighted M. Night Shyamalan’s Wayward Pines starring Matt Dillon.

CAA-repped Sutherland most recently starred on the Fox/20th TV drama Touch. The original 24 was created by Joel Surnow and Bob Cochran, who executive produced with Gordon, Brian Grazer, Sutherland, Evan Katz and Tony Krantz. At the 2006 Emmys, the show won five awards, including best drama series and best actor in a drama series for Sutherland.

ADDED:
'24' will 'Live Another Day' in 2014, FOX confirms

Quote:
Jack Bauer is officially back: FOX has confirmed its plans to bring "24" back to its airwaves next year.

The show will return in the summer of 2014 as an event series called "24: Live Another Day." Kiefer Sutherland has signed on to play Jack Bauer again, with the story picking up several years after the last season, which aired in 2009. There's no word yet on any other casting.

"Live Another Day" will run for 12 weeks and keep its real-time format, but FOX Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly says it may skip hours here and there.

"As [executive producer Howard Gordon] would design the season, the spine of the 24 episodes was really about 12 hours. Those were where the big events occurred, and then there were little twists and connective tissue in between," Reilly told reporters on a conference call Monday (May 13). Each episode of "Live Another Day" will still unfold over the course of an hour, but viewers won't see as much of the in-between hours. "It may go 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 10 a.m.," Reilly says, depending on how the story comes together.

Reilly says the return of "24" grew out of the network announcing it was making a push into limited-run series, and Gordon and the "24" team's frustration at trying to design a feature film based on the show.

"As they got into the feature film, I think they all agreed that '24' compressed into two hours is not '24,'" Reilly says. "Talking about it over the last couple of years, they kind of got their juices flowing again, and when we announced this new [miniseries] franchise, a little light bulb went off for Howard. He said, 'Wait a minute. Why are we killing ourselves trying to crack a feature when this is the perfect format?'"

"Live Another Day" will probably be paired with another scripted series in the summer of 2014 -- Reilly mentioned the drama "Gang Related" as one that might hold until then. Another limited series, the thriller "Wayward Pines," is currently set to launch in the late summer next year and carry into fall.
An evil old house, the kind some people call haunted, is like an undiscovered country waiting to be explored. Hill House had stood for 90 years and might stand for 90 more. Silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there... walked alone.

Last edited by WesReviews; 05-13-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Double Post Merged
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #198
slasher king
Brainless Victim

I can't wait. Finally some good summer programming on basic tv
slasher king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:02 AM   #199
Master Taffer
Resident Blackhand
Deranged Psychopath

It's a way of life.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #200
Special Killa B
Back To Kick Terrorist Ass!!
Slayer of Evil

Counting down!! Can't wait till Jack returns!!
Special Killa B is offline   Reply With Quote