Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brock

6 66.67%
  • Joe

3 33.33%

Thread: Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe

Default Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe

If you could get these two into a wrestling ring together, what kind of match do you think it would be and who do you think would win.

Let's be clear, this is a wrestling match, not an MMA match. I know nothing about MMA, and I'm most interested in these guys' in-ring personas.

And, to Hell with back stage politics. This isn't about who Vince McMahon would favor, this is about imagining what it would be like to see these two wrestle.

Let's Fight!

Default Re: Brock Lesner vs. Samoa Joe

You guys are killing me. People are voting but nobody's discussing. Let's have some thoughts here....please.

Realistically, Lesnar would kick his ass, but I just like Joe more. It depends on what we're talking about too. Are we voting generally, as in throughout each guy's career, or just now? Generally speaking, 2005-06 Joe vs 2002-03 Lesnar would be kick-ass.
    Welcome to Sonic Team. We make games I think?

Quote Originally Posted by SanicHeghog View Post
    Realistically, Lesnar would kick his ass, but I just like Joe more. It depends on what we're talking about too. Are we voting generally, as in throughout each guy's career, or just now? Generally speaking, 2005-06 Joe vs 2002-03 Lesnar would be kick-ass.
    Well Lesnar has his amateur and MMA background but Joe is no pushover with a background in Judo.

It's a Haggis! Forum Staff Denzil's Avatar
    The Oil Capital of Europe: Aberdeen, Scotland

Hmm.. difficult to call a winner in this match up.

I think that Joe would find it hard to get Lesnar up for his finisher the muscle buster and also i think that Brock would have the power to get out of the various submission holds that Joe would be trying to lock on.

Joe's offense would be very difficult for Lesnar to handle though, as i remember in 2005/06 Joe had really hard hitting matches against Kenta Kobashi and Necro Butcher. I'm trying to remember if Joe had matches against someone who was near to Brock's size and speed back then but i can't. Joe was a lot larger than a lot of the ROH roster and also was booked a monster in TNA when he debuted.

I think that this match would be amazing if as said above it was 2005-06 Joe vs 2002-03 Lesnar so basically them both at their prime.

The only think i can confidently say is that it would be a fantastic match.
    You know who wears sunglasses inside? Blind people and assholes. Larry David

Xbox 360 Gamertag: Lawman8603

Not a licensed attorney Forum Staff Hoody's Avatar

At this point, now that Joe is in WWE, the win does nothing for either one of them. Joe is at the tail end of his career so the win wouldn't benefit him. So hopefully it'd just be a stiff slobberknocker with a quick follow up for a younger superstar beating the victor a few months later.
    Yea Nash was defending his wife, from his son. At least no one tore a quad. - Biosynthnut v.2

Quote Originally Posted by Hoody View Post
    At this point, now that Joe is in WWE, the win does nothing for either one of them. Joe is at the tail end of his career so the win wouldn't benefit him. So hopefully it'd just be a stiff slobberknocker with a quick follow up for a younger superstar beating the victor a few months later.
    Joe's believable in a monster heel type role though. Yeah, he's getting up there so he can't be the face of the company, but I would rather have him be that top heel who demolishes people than a part-time Lesnar. Not that it matters at this point anyways, Lesnar is basically face (which was a dumb direction to go in with his character but they had no choice when they paired him up with Reigns) or tweener at worst, and they're just getting ready to feed him to Reigns either at Summerslam or WrestleMania next year. Hoody, if you're going to Mania next year, be prepared for another huge shit-storm for the main event.

Man there's so much crap with me for next year's WM I don't want to derail. For XXX my friend bought ten tickets outright and sold them to us, face value, as we got the money. When we arrived there was a camera set up taking up three seats. Since he bought the tickets they let him move down to the lower bowl to some GREAT spots. My wife was still outside the dome on unrelated matters and ALL of our phones were dead so they couldn't move our ENTIRE party until EVERYONE was there. Long story short, the guy that bought the tickets and one couple were moved down.

He has since died. The couple that went with him has divorced. And the friend in that couple that I'm close to is dead set determined that we only buy tickets in the same area he got moved to for XXX. The reason we bought nosebleed tickets for XXX is because we only had the budget for nosebleed tickets. What planet does he think this is where everyone in our group is going to afford lower bowl tickets? But he's adamant we have to pay tribute to our dead friend by sitting in the same spot. Our friend who stopped watching wrestling IMMEDIATELY the day after XXX and was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks later and he didn't want to waste his dying years watching that BS.

So we're going to spend stupid money to pay tribute to a friend who wasn't even watching wresting anymore when he died? And it's probably going to be a terrible show that he'd be shitting all over anyway? Yes, let's troll the dead.
    Yea Nash was defending his wife, from his son. At least no one tore a quad. - Biosynthnut v.2

9. Thanks SanicHeghog thanked for this post

Don't blame you man, I can only imagine how much to nosebleed seats cost for WrestleMania.

$90/each. We were the second highest row in the dome.

12. Thanks SanicHeghog thanked for this post

Default Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe

That's not quite as bad as I would have guessed, but still, $90 for nosebleeds is a ton. Usually I think you can get tickets for nosebleeds for about $18, at least in Colorado.