Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Scream: The Series

Default Re: Scream: The Series

I just started season 1 on Netflix. Took a couple episodes to get in to, but over all not bad at all.
    The only thing I dislike is their choice in music.

Not a licensed attorney Forum Staff Hoody's Avatar

On the Netflix presentation do they have the stupid Shazam pop ups or whatever it was telling you what the song was and who was singing it so you can buy the mp3?
    Yea Nash was defending his wife, from his son. At least no one tore a quad. - Biosynthnut v.2

No. None of that. Thankfully.

That pop-up thing never bothered me with TEEN WOLF or any of the other MTV original shows. It's Music Television after all. So I can see them pimping out the songs.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

I think they do that with all of their shows don't they? My ex used to love Catfhish and they used to do it on there too.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    That pop-up thing never bothered me with TEEN WOLF or any of the other MTV original shows. It's Music Television after all. So I can see them pimping out the songs.
    I'm an old curmudgeon.
    Yea Nash was defending his wife, from his son. At least no one tore a quad. - Biosynthnut v.2

The Halloween special will now be two hours, instead of one hour. Possibly because the show might not get a third season.
    Baker: "Joseph P. Brenner. What does the P stand for?"
    Kaminsky: "Pussy."

That's simultaneously good and bad.
    I liked the show enough to hope for a 3rd season, but if it won't happen a 2 hour tv movie (basically) is a decent trade off.
    The movies were all about 2 hours long.
    This will be almost the length of one of those. Enough time to give it a good send off, I think.

Damn I just realized this was the Scream thread and not Scream Queens. (In regards to DS's post)

I guess a 2-hours ending would be enough to close the series well. We'll see.

Trailer for the two hour SCREAM Halloween Special airing Tuesday, October 18 at 9:00 pm.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

It will, but only a six episode season.
    "...by His wounds we are healed." - Isaiah 53:5
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Apocalypto
    Rorshach to Robert Englund..."None of the fans seem to understand, I'm not in your role, you were in mine!*_*"

I'd like the concept to continue anthology style but that might be a stretch.

Oh well at least we'll have anticipated finality and not cancelled during the off season with cliffhanging plot points.

True. I enjoy this show enough to consider it "Scream 5", "Scream 6" and "Scream 7".
    Baker: "Joseph P. Brenner. What does the P stand for?"
    Kaminsky: "Pussy."

just watched the 2 hour halloween special. WTF? a bunch of new kids, Aubrey's girlfriend, where the hell did she come from? a brand new legend about another urban legend killer. who the hell was the new guy obsessed with Emma? i was so confused. it answered no questions from season 2, not even who killed Kieran. the final line is Noah saying there will be a sequel. get ready for season 3. enough of random kids being killers, then another kid killing them.

season 3 = Brandon James, or fuck off.

I haven't watched it yet, but it does seem strange to change legends when the original had unanswered questions.
    If they weren't sure they were getti g a 3rd season take the opportunity to tie up the loose ends.
    A last-minute renewal would ve the chance to create a new legend and change stuff up if the producers wanted something new or fresh.

I kinda liked it. It fit the Halloween Special vibe to me. I think if it was just like an elongated episode of the show, especially with an upcoming albeit short 3rd season, it would have defeated the purpose.
    Welcome to Sonic Team. We make games I think?

Just watching it now.
    The whole secluded island thing is remeniscent of I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, which is a negative, but so far this TV movie is way better then that movie.
    Then again the entire Scream TV series is a little bit removed form the movies that inspired it to begin with to a degree.
    I'm not terribly upset with the new characters being introduced, season 2 introduced new characters, sequels to movies introduce new characters. No big deal.
    The whole new legend further removes it from the Scream film series that inspired it though.

It was a good 2 hour special. It moved along the main story with the opening scene but you don't want to wrap up an entire season's worth of story in a special. So you give them an adventure. But you don't want to kill off anyone of consequence so you introduce some cannon fodder.

And then once the adventure is over, they do a good job of letting you know, there's still more adventure for our Lakewood survivors.

Bring it.

I'm glad the series got a renewal, even if it's limited.
    If the special had been the end of the series that would have been a bit of a let down over all.
    But as a stand alone it worked pretty well.

First, I'm so happy they listened to me for the opening scene of the TV special !!!! THANK YOU Halloween Special ! THANK YOU !!

Then, well, I was happy with the show going to new adventures. And as there is a season 3 to close Brandon James' storyline, it's good to have that "monster of the week" vibe in that episode. (The problem being that the ending is, as always with Scream, too much grounded into reality, with another really bad speech I need to rewatch to understand...).

If they could enlarge Scream's horizon with, what I would named a "Supernatural Scream" spin-off, Noah & Stavro VS Sam & Dean, you see that kind of story, that would be great. Maybe as TV Special between seasons. Just Noah investigating on supernatural stories with the Lakewood gang. That would help the story to goes forward.

The problem with Scream was always "how many times can you have the same group of victims be attacked by various killers all wearing the same mask without going into dumb and out-of-nowhere explanations ?". The usual rule of an horror franchise is "keep the villain, change the victims". Scream is the total opposite, hence the problem, story-wise.

So for season 3, they end Brandon James' story (and the ending of the Special was great to introduce that), then, they let the Lakewood gang plays Scooby-Doo each year (inspiration for Scream 3 so not totally out of the series' roots) with the atmosphere of that Halloween Special, and real supernatural (contrary to Scooby-Doo). Maybe a TV Special each october with that cast ? Well, the surviving cast.

And they need to add Dewey somewhere, at some point, to link the movies and the series. (I suppose he's the only one able to come back without so much backstory to explain. Could be the new sheriff in Lakewood...)

Or do Ghostface Vs Brandon James to close season 3....
    Last edited by French Friday; 10-25-2016 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sinister View Post
    True. I enjoy this show enough to consider it "Scream 5", "Scream 6" and "Scream 7".
    And that's why we need Dewey for Scream 8 !!!

Season Three of SCREAM:The Series will, along with being only six episodes
    long. Will be set in a new location ,and complete with a new set of prospective victims, and suspects.

So...will we get closure?