Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scream: The Series

Nutrition free since '93! Forum Staff Comfy Jeans's Avatar

Default Scream: The Series

Looks like MTV could be adding Scream to it's list of film-to-TV series adaptations.

Scream was quite the sensation, resulting in three sequels and tons of merchandise, from action figures to Halloween costumes. But are you ready for Scream… The TV series?

TV Line’s Michael Ausiello is reporting it’s now a possibility, as MTV develops a weekly series based on Scream. Former MTV executives Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley are the ones shepherding the project, and are looking for a writer for the pilot. No potential story details are known yet, including whether the series would involve any characters from the films or simply the idea of the Ghostfaced killer - or, hell, just a series using the title and franchise idea, a la Friday the 13th: The Series.

While Ausiello say it’s unclear what role Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven would have on the project, it’s hard not to feel the answer is likely “none” – particularly where Williamson is concerned, given the rocky way things went during his time on Scream 4, with Ehren Kruger (Scream 3, Transformers 2 and 3) doing the final drafts of the script on that film. Not to mention, Williamson is pretty busy with The Vampire Diaries and his upcoming new FOX series, The Following, these days.

Though who knows... This is Hollywood. Stranger things have happened!

Default Re: Scream: The Series

MTV is doing a TV series? I thought they were a music video channel. I couldn't help it.

Puddle of Horse Blood Forum Staff sickboy's Avatar

Sounds interesting, I can see it working.

Sent from Tapatalk

It worked with TEEN WOLF quite nicely. And does MTV really need another reality show ?
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

What ever happened to Head Bangers Ball, Beavis and Butthead, and Celebrity Death Match. Those shows were classics. Instead we have MTV Reality Television. Or something of that sort.

You taste like a burger The Rudd's Avatar

MTV = Modern Television, plain and simple.

As for a SCREAM tv series? Fuck that shit.
    Baker's Dozen | Miller Timers | Pineapple Cult | The Rudd Reich | The Cult of Thorn | Harsh Corps | Joe Bob Briggs
    Formerly TheReaper666, Sean [The Wildcard]

Quote Originally Posted by J Killer View Post
    What ever happened to Head Bangers Ball, Beavis and Butthead, and Celebrity Death Match. Those shows were classics. Instead we have MTV Reality Television. Or something of that sort.
    "Beavis & Butt-head" did return last October. They had a full season which is out on DVD and Blu-Ray.
    Baker: "Joseph P. Brenner. What does the P stand for?"
    Kaminsky: "Pussy."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sinister View Post
    "Beavis & Butt-head" did return last October. They had a full season which is out on DVD and Blu-Ray.
    Yeah I heard it might not come back now, since it didn't bring in the ratings MTV wanted.

Fuuuuuuuuck this, Scream 5 or GTFO.

Oh, the Horror! - All Decades, All Sub-Genres!

Balls Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
    EFilmCritic - reviews of everything else

MTV plays plenty of music; it's just in the background of their reality shows. Honestly, the way I've been discovering music via MTV is pretty dope because they play it at the perfect moment of the scenes. It really conveys what the song is trying to say.

Just my two cents.

Uhhh.. Scream series is stupid. Just to stay relevant.
    The Clit
    With the flick of his wrist he turns words into melodies, chords into church bells, fill up the allies
    ...lovers intwine in the heat of the night, and by dawn are apart in the shivering silences.

I'd watch this before a Hannibal Lecter series.
    _Baker's Dozen_

I'm laughing at you dog

At least Hannibal has some serious talent involved.

But this makes TV series for Scream, Hannibal, Psycho, The Exorcist, Nightbreed and Hellraiser all in development at the same time now? Is this, like, going to be the new thing?
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dream Master View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuck this, Scream 5 or GTFO.
    This.

And if it's going to be on MTV, an uber fuuuuuuck this. Unless Teck from the Real World is on it but that's just a dream for me. Or Jesse Camp.
    I know that over the, uh, the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Natman View Post
    Well, my last comment was based on concept vs. character since not much has been revealed in terms of production with this Scream tv series.

I find the Hannibal Lecter story to be tired. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot more story they can tell with that character whereas Scream seems to have a lot more places it can go creatively.

But at the end of the day, they are clearly aiming these two products at two completely different demographics.
    _Baker's Dozen_

I'm laughing at you dog

But this makes TV series for Scream, Hannibal, Psycho, The Exorcist, Nightbreed and Hellraiser all in development at the same time now? Is this, like, going to be the new thing?
    All vying for some of that Walking Dead viewership cashflow.

Am I the only one who thinks that Nightmare on Elm Street would make a decent TV series, (if done correctly)?

Nothing like Freddy's Nightmares, mind you. Instead the series would be all about Freddy and the teens of Elm Street. Robert would have to be involved, of course. I kinda think a Freddy TV series (again, done right) would be a natural extension of the film franchise.
    Facebook.
    wesr @ hotmail .com

Real talent that can't get a television series to stick. I love Bryan Fuller's work, but nothing he's done aside from Dead Like Me has had any lasting power. His sensibilities are just too weird for NBC primetime.

I give Hannibal on NBC half a season. Same goes for his reboot of The Munsters (starring Jerry O'Connell) on ABC.

As for Scream, we still don't know who'll be working on it.

MTV Greenlights 'Scream' Pilot

MTV is hoping for its next scripted hit in Scream.

Nearly a year after THR reported that the cable network was eyeing a television adaptation of the Kevin Williamson-created franchise, MTV is moving forward with an official pilot order, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Produced with Dimension Films, MTV is currently in search of writers for the one-hour project while Scream director Wes Craven is in discussions to direct the pilot. Should Scream receive a series order, it would be slated for a summer 2014 launch and would join current scripted offerings Teen Wolf (also adapted from a film franchise) and Awkward.

DiGa Vision will produce, with former MTV executives Tony DiSanto and Liz Gateley serving as executive producers.

Additionally, MTV has renewed Jersey Shore offshoot Snooki & JWOWW for a third season. Its sophomore season was the top original series in the time period in MTV's core persons 12-34 demographic. Season three will continue to follow Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWOWW" Farley's journey as they navigate radical life changes.

Three new reality series have also been ordered at MTV: Generation Cryo, centered on kids conceived by anonymous sperm donors; Nurse Nation (working title), revolving around nine young travel nurses assigned to work at a new hospital in a new city; and The Hook Up, a dating show hosted by MTV2's Guy Code host Andrew Schulz that will air as an afternoon strip.

Sister network MTV2 has set a premiere date for Nick Cannon's improv comedy series Nick Cannon Presents Wild 'n Out, which originally aired on MTV from 2005-07. Returning at 11 p.m. July 9, Cannon will be joined by Kevin Hart, Guy Code's Lil DuVal, Amar'e Stoudemire, Mac Miller, 2Chainz, Machine Gun Kelly, A$AP Rocky and Joe Budden.

Joining the MTV2 schedule will be new series Guy Court, a half-hour comedic courtroom show launching this fall. Familiar MTV2 personalities will determine the guilt or innocence of a slew of cases in accordance with Guy Code.

MTV2 has also renewed Mac Miller and the Most Dope Family, which wrapped its first season as the network's highest-rated rookie season, for a sophomore run. Mac Miller will begin production later this year, with an early 2014 return.
    Facebook.
    wesr @ hotmail .com

I will make it because I dream Westin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know if I like this. I would rather a sequel & a theatrical release.

Ugh...I was hoping this wouldn't happen.
    "...by His wounds we are healed." - Isaiah 53:5
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Apocalypto
    Rorshach to Robert Englund..."None of the fans seem to understand, I'm not in your role, you were in mine!*_*"

If they somehow pull a South Park and kill Snooki in every episode, I'd might consider the possibility of thinking about watching it when I'm high.
    People complain about their problems... I just eat bagels.

Quote Originally Posted by SlasherFreak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean [The Wildcard] View Post
    MTV = Modern Television, plain and simple.

As for a SCREAM tv series? Fuck that shit.
    Co-signed on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vig View Post
    If they somehow pull a South Park and kill Snooki in every episode, I'd might consider the possibility of thinking about watching it when I'm high.
    God already showed his distaste of MTV Reality Shows by royally smiting "Buckwild", so why not... Keep praying and it'll be a reality.
    Knock, knock! Who's there? DRAGON COCK!"

I'm scratching my head over how they could possibly turn Scream into a tv show. I just don't how they could format the franchise's premise into a weekly series.

They could do an anthology-type show where each season features a new victim and killer "inspired" by the original murders. However, I see that growing old rather quickly and the series not lasting very long.
    I was actually at Woodstock. That was a weird gig. I fed off a flower-person, and I spent the next six hours watching my hand move
    -Spike

They could maybe ape Harper's Island... with one victim dying per episode.

Not really sure how that would work though, since in the Scream movies (and other slashers), the majority of the body count takes place in one night.
    Facebook.
    wesr @ hotmail .com

Quote Originally Posted by Geddy Peart View Post
    I'm scratching my head over how they could possibly turn Scream into a tv show. I just don't how they could format the franchise's premise into a weekly series.
    They've already done it over on FOX with The Following. The show was created by Kevin Williamson, and is based on his original plot for Scream 3. A tweak here, an adjustment there, and Williamson turned it into what appears to be a pretty successful TV series. Here's the plot:

Created by Kevin Williamson, it follows former FBI agent Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) and his attempts to recapture serial killer Joe Carroll (James Purefoy) following the latter's escape from prison. Hardy soon discovers that the charismatic Carroll has surrounded himself with a group of like-minded individuals and turned them into a cult of fanatical killers.
    No idea how MTV will attempt to do it, but I'm game. I think it ought to use a different cast of characters from the film series though, which will leave both franchises open to do their own thing.