Thanks Thanks:  3
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What videogame(s) are you currently playing? 2

The Lord Of Dorkness Forum Staff The Dark Vampire's Avatar

Default What videogame(s) are you currently playing? 2

Previous Thread

The old thread had over 900 posts so time for a new one
    YOU are a total total...a word has yet to be invented to describe how totally what ever it is you are, but you are one, and a total total one at that!

Default Re: What videogame(s) are you currently playing? 2

I know that over the, uh, the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Killa Pimp's Avatar

Fallout 3
    GOTY Edition for PC.

Got it for 5 bucks at this place called Trade It! ( formerly cash converters)

May take me awhile to finish
    about to start phase 3 of P90x.

may kick an extra phase in there , (half assed phase one).
    PI LAMBDA PHI: Not 4 years, but a lifetime!

Let's see, Madden 11, I can honestly say that I've played this years Madden way more than I played last years Madden 10. I'm really liking this year's version a lot. Not that 10 was bad because it wasn't, I just didn't really have time or get into it that much last year. Matter of fact I think I'm still in the first year pre-season on the franchise mode in last years and haven't even got to the regular season which I'm already in the 2nd or 3rd week right now in this year's game. I'm just really digging this years version a whole lot more?

I also got Dead Rising 2 Case Zero on Tuesday. It's pretty good, I just don't like that you cannot "run" with the character? I don't know if that has to do with the leveling system they have and maybe he'll get a little faster or what? It just bugs how slow he moves. I'm not meaning for him to be all fast and all, but at least have some kind of run/sprint button that will allow him to move around a little more quicker. It could even have like a meter to where it can't be used all the time and it goes down as you use it and takes awhile to fill back up or he has to rest to get it back up? Something like that. It's been such a long, long time since I've played the first one that i can't remember if you could run or sprint in that game or not? Even if it was just a short distance?

The only other thing I'm not liking about DR2 - CZ is the time goes by so quick! It's like virtually IMPOSSIBLE to explore around, help survivors, AND trying to complete the main story line/missions. I don't know if I'm supposed to just run and get all the bike parts and stuff as quickly as I can and if it'll then let me explore/kill and save people or if by completing parts of the main objectives will advanced time way faster than if you just take your time? Meaning, like if I just got all the bike parts and got all that done by like say 3pm in game time if that would advance me automatically to like 6 or 7pm in game time or even worse right to the end and can't go on any further?

I'm hoping the final game isn't as fast as this demo/prequel has been because I'm going to hate always feeling like I'm being pressed for time just to do the main things and not really have any fun in-between like the first game. I'll post more about this game in it's own thread.

Pretty soon I'll also be playing Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions next week probably. I also got to try and fit in some Red Dead Redemption in there as well and any other recent games I've gotten this past year but have yet to beat still.

Zombie, what's your GT? I will CRUSH you in Madden this year.
    The Clit
    With the flick of his wrist he turns words into melodies, chords into church bells, fill up the allies
    ...lovers intwine in the heat of the night, and by dawn are apart in the shivering silences.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Killa Pimp View Post
    about to start phase 3 of P90x.
    Shit, man, that P90X is no joke. I was sore EVERY single day I did that (went for 45 days before I moved from Texas to Cali).
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

Nutrition free since '93! Forum Staff Comfy Jeans's Avatar

Currently playing the following:

DeathSpank
    Scott Pilgrim vs the World
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Red Dead Redemption
    Ratchet & Clank Future: The Quest for Booty

That doesn't even include what I'm playing on the original Xbox and PC.

...I don't generally play so many games at once, but I'm in a bouncy mood. Can't stick with anything too long before I want to play something else. I need to get my own copy of Dragon Age: Origins for the PS3 so I can give the Fat Man his copy back.

Hey,Look Over There.... Matt326's Avatar

Kane And Lynch 2, Red Dead Redemption and soon to be Halo Reach
    FAVORITE to LEAST FAVORITE
    2,3,4,6,7,1,09,FvJ,8,X,5,JGTH

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Killa Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Shit, man, that P90X is no joke. I was sore EVERY single day I did that (went for 45 days before I moved from Texas to Cali).

yep. P90x is pretty much an ass kicker, hate to see the time of day to pop the dvd in.
    But we found a recovery formula similar to theirs for only 17.99 for 20 servings,
    it helps a lot, still sore , but not as sore.

anyways, found FF13 for 25 bucks yesterday @ a labor day sale @ Trade it yesterday.
    May have to cut Fallout 3 out of the rotation for awhile.
    great game , only about 5 hours into it though.

Been wanting to play FF13 for awhile.
    PI LAMBDA PHI: Not 4 years, but a lifetime!

Quote Originally Posted by Violent VictiM View Post
    Zombie, what's your GT? I will CRUSH you in Madden this year.
    LOL, I'm sure you will... IF... I go and use Buffalo again like I did when we first played lol.. Although I can't remember who you used if it was a higher overall ranked team or another team similar, but either way though I know it wasn't a contest. Actually now thinking I think you used the Cowboys when we played like 2 seasons ago or has it been 3 already? Wow, if it's been 3 already then time surely flies by and that's no joke, heck even 2 seasons ago has been incredibly FAST!

Well give me time to still get used to it and all. I've started using the accelerated play clock in my regular season games and TBH I am actually liking it in a way. It really does cut down on how long a game is when it's used with the gameflow play calling option. Originally I thought the default that it was set with it being 15 sec's of the accelerated play clock that it would bring the game clock to about 15 sec's left on the play clock and then I moved it to the 25 sec's and then I saw that it would take 25 or even almost 30 sec's off the actual time left in the game and then when I moved it back to 15 sec's then I noticed it only took 10-15 sec's off depending how early I chose a play.

Now though when I tried playing a game without the accelerated play clock it does seem like the game is way to slow. I'm also probably losing out on some stats and all, but at first I absolutely hated the accelerated play clock last year and that's probably why I didn't really play that much even though it could be disabled, but I knew I didn't play online much because it was on there by default in ranked games and those were the only ones I would play because it was a lesser of a chance for someone to quit on you. Although I also think that the games being about 45 mins to an hour long was drawing me away as well and now with them being a lot shorter and faster I'm just enjoying them a whole lot more now.

But yeah, I'll play again, don't mind losing if that's what happens but let me just get some more time under it and try a couple of different teams out as well because while my heart is and will always be Buffalo, they're just not that good of a team to use online against people... Especially people that are really good like yourself... Man that was an ass kicking last time lol I just remember having the hardest time just getting a first down against you and it seemed like it was the real Buffalo team out there that couldn't score for shit or move the ball, on top of not being able to protect the QB and kept getting sacked lol

xZOMBIEx is my GT.. I might already have you on my list still though? Not sure?

The original HALO
    In the End I'll Stand Alone because I know that Loyalty is a Lie.
    I am but a Ghost to my world. I reach out but no one feels me. I cry out but no one hears me.
    "NEVER make someone a PRIORITY when they only make you an OPTION!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AOD View Post
    The original HALO
    AOD! Where you been?
    The original will always be my favorite.

My buddy & I are currently playing Super Street Fighter IV, easily my favorite fighting game of all time.
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

I've been around Monkey. Read posts alot don't post myself very much.
    In the End I'll Stand Alone because I know that Loyalty is a Lie.
    I am but a Ghost to my world. I reach out but no one feels me. I cry out but no one hears me.
    "NEVER make someone a PRIORITY when they only make you an OPTION!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    xZOMBIEx is my GT.. I might already have you on my list still though? Not sure?
    Got a new account so if you've still got Ken e Em on there, get it off. My new one is phorty holmez. My record is terrible but I've never lost a game by more than 14.
    The Clit
    With the flick of his wrist he turns words into melodies, chords into church bells, fill up the allies
    ...lovers intwine in the heat of the night, and by dawn are apart in the shivering silences.

I recently purchased Quake on Steam and downloaded the ultimate patch, which restores the Nine Inch Nails soundtrack and allows me to play at 1680x1050x32 amongst other mods. Shit just got real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_%28video_game%29

Let someone borrow my 360, so I've been playing MLB2k9 on my ps2 recently.

Got Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions this week and it's been really freaken awesome! I'm loving it, which isn't to big of a surprise as I've pretty much liked all the Spider-Man games that have been released on the 360, yes even Friend or Foe lol. Don't let some of the reviews fool you (although I've only seen the IGN one so far), this game is way better then how they're trying to make it seem. Of course they're (IGN) trying to compare this to Batman Arkham Asylum which to be honest isn't fair. Sure they're both based off comic books but they're just not the same. Spider-man does not stick to the shadows doing stealthy moves the entire time like Batman does (except for Noir Spidey) and he's not a detective. There's just so much more that bothers me on some of the things they try to say and that's not just this game but ALL of their reviews for games TBH. If it's not a huge game like COD, Halo, or any of the other huge games then they just try to rag on all the others trying to compare them to the best games in the same category of the one they're reviewing, it's pathetic.

Anyways, I've completed Act 1 so far and it's been fun. I wasn't sure how this would have came across being it wasn't like all the others in that it's not a sandbox type game and you can't just swing around NYC either looking for side/sub missions or choose to do one of the main story line missions. You do have a power up system which cost's "points" that you get from completing "Challenges" in each of the main levels which I believe there is 15 per level. Most of those are your standard "Defeat xx amount of foe's, Collect xx Spider Emblems, etc..." to specific ones for the level like breaking so many pillars in a box fight to finding a specific item in the final boss fight (won't spoil what the item is or which boss fight it's in lol). You also get points/essence from beating up the bad guys and also by breaking boxes, crates, and other things depending on the level. For instance playing in one of the 2099 levels is when I first saw breaking the boxes was giving me essence/points as well as giving me a little health as well, yet when I tried breaking some of the things in one of the Amazing levels it didn't give me anything at all. They just broke,

Combo's and other moves can be purchased using the points/essence, when you press the back/select button on your controller while in a level it will take you to a screen that either shows what challenges you have and or completed for that level as well as being able to select up to 3 that you can "track", meaning if you press Y (and I'm assuming the Triangle button on PS3) it will highlight that challenge and you'll see what and how many or how much time depending on the challenge towards the upper right corner of the screen, for example it'll look or show something like 0/50 Emblems Found, 2/10 Foes Defeated, etc... and then it'll automatically go away once you complete that task. It also doesn't show you all the challenges right away, they appear as you complete them. For instance you'll have the one challenge in the middle and once you complete that then it'll fully highlight yellow and then 4-5 other ones will then show around that one and then when you finish one of those then 1-3 others will open up and branch outwards showing other ones. It's shown on a "web" so you can probably figure out how I'm trying to explain it" and you can also complete challenges even if they're not showing and by doing that, that will make which ever ones that were supposed to appear show up even if you didn't complete or unlock any of the challenges before the one you just completed. So it's constantly tracking and counting towards all the challenges even if you haven't fully unlocked it to see what it is your specifically supposed to do.

The controls are pretty much the same as the other games where you use the R Trigger to swing or web zip, X button for light/standard attacks and Y for heavy attacks with A to jump and or double jump if you press it again while in the air and B to grab/throw people and objects and of course the other buttons doing other various things to shooting webs, enabling a special power like Rage Mode for Ultimate Spider-man and defensive stance which is similar to blocking but Spidey dodges people trying to hit him and what's cool about it is you just have to hold down the L Trigger and he'll auto dodge punches/kicks and other basic hits from the bad guys when his spider sense appears around his head or also pressing the A button while holding LT down will make him dodge/roll out of the way of other bigger attacks. So while it sounds like it's easy it is and it isn't, but it's by no means complicated or hard to handle, move, or control Spider-Man and all.

Also each version of Spider-Man handles pretty much the same except for a few differences, but again it's not complicated or hard to remember which things each Spidey can or can't do, so that's a good thing. That was one of the other things I was worried about since there was four different versions of Spidey. The storyline as well makes sense and so far is pretty solid and I guess you can say "believable" as far as comic book story lines goes. Meaning I can see this storyline being made into a short mini-series like with multiple parts on one of the Spider-Man cartoons or a comic book run with this story in it like they'll do sometimes like they did when Carnage came out and made that into so many parts in a current line of Spider-Man comics. So it has that going for it which was another area I was a little worried about since there wasn't a movie or another form of entertainment this was being based off of, but if they were able to do Web of Shadows with a brand new story and that not being based off of something existing already then I wasn't to worried, just worried when they mentioned it was going to follow 4 different Spider-Man "universes".

Oh, also in order to unlock some of the cooler moves whether one move/combo is tied to each Spider-Man just a different animation for the move or combo there are also some moves just for a specific version as well. For example each Spidey has his own charge attack and to get each one you have to "buy" each specific one. It's not just all into one called like "Charge Attack" well while it is called that it has each specific name for it like "Amazing Charge Attack, Noir Charge Attack, Etc.." and each cost like 7,000 points/essence where as you can have the one move that applies to all of them or maybe just 2 or 3 of them for just the one price. All of those are unlocked by doing certain amount of the challenges as well as making their health bar bigger or their special ability bar bigger, all the way to unlocking bonus costumes for each Spidey universe as well. So if you complete like say 5 challenges then that will unlock a set of moves you can buy under the combat upgrades, and then when you complete 10 then that will unlock a set of things to purchase under the character upgrades which is where you get stuff like the bigger health bars, costumes, and a couple of other things.

So there is a lot of replay ability depending on how you play. I usually try to complete as many challenges as I can in that first play through. I would still go back and play the level again even if I did unlock everything the first time, or at least try to complete the ones that have you get so many or all the Spider Emblems or hidden Spiders so that way when I play through it again I don't have to worry about looking for them the second time. Reason for that is because when you go into "Spidey-Sense" mode it changes the color of the screen to where it will highlight certain things like stuff that can be picked up and thrown at people, spider emblems and the hidden spiders, to the enemies glowing a certain color as well. Kind of like "detective mode" in Batman Arkham Asylum. I would much prefer to not be in that spidey sense mode so that way I can see all the colors and graphics of each level. So that's why I'll play through again down the road but also because much of the first play through is usually in the Spider Sense mode so I can try to find all the things needed the first time.

As far as "glitches and bugs", what games don't have them? I haven't came across anything in paticular. Also for me the camera and or camera angle has been fine for me and I haven't had any issue's with it, unlike how the review makes it seem. Also the "First Person View" that has been shown and talked about when fighting a boss isn't as bad as it seems also. It's also not even used all that much either. It's more like a QTE (Quick Time Event) in a God of War game in a way, it only happens or switches to that mode very briefly during a boss fight. So it's during the whole boss fight, and it's usually only during the final boss fight as well, because on some of the levels you get to face the main boss more than once or twice and from what I recall the first fights with them it never switched to that mode and only did during the final boss fight either like right at the very end of it or maybe in the middle of it and like a mentioned it's brief so it switches back to normal and you resume fighting the boss normally. Also not all boss fights switch into that mode because if I recall correctly the last level I just finished never switched to the First Person View. So it's not bad as the reviewer makes it seem in the IGN video review and it's not overly used either. It offers a change a pace and a change of view which actually make it a pretty welcomed "gimmick" if you will.

I don't know if I would call it the BEST Spider-Man game to date just yet, but it's high up there. If anything it's the best non sandbox type Spider-Man game to date and maybe that's good enough and the other sandbox type Spidey games can remain in their own category. It's definitely fun and does have a ton of replay ability especially if you're like me and like to unlock all the costumes and moves because there have been a couple of levels so far that I wasn't able to complete all of the challenges for and have to go back to in order to get them. Especially if you were wanting to be able to use/get the Iron Spider-Man costume or any other special costume like that then you're going to HAVE to complete ALL of the challenges in all of the levels to unlock and be able to purchase it. That might be my only complaint, it's not as easy as I was hoping in order to unlock that specific costume.

I was about to pre-order the game from Amazon.com just to be able to unlock the Iron Spider-Man costume because I originally thought it was exclusive, because when it was being advertised it showed which costumes you would unlock depending on where you pre-ordered it. Then a couple of weeks or so ago I ended up finding out that all of the costumes (except for the Cosmic Spider-Man costume) were all going to be available no matter where you got the game from. They were just giving you a code to be able to unlock it early. So since that was the case and the only costume that WAS exclusive was the Cosmic suit which you got if you pre-ordered it at Game Stop I ended up getting it from there and have been able to download those so far. Basically each universe has it's own Cosmic Suit and I think there's 2 versions for the Amazing universe. When I was looking through all the stuff that can be purchased once unlocked is when I saw that all 180 challenges had to be completed in order to get the one suit I was wanting the most. Oh well, at least it'll keep me playing this game till I finally get the Iron Spider-Man suit because that's the one I was wanting the most.

For some this might be a rental, especially if you just only go through these kind of games for the story and don't care about all the unlockable stuff that there is, but if your like me that pretty much buys games to own and never rents then I don't think you can go wrong with this, especially if your a Spider-Man fan and have liked all his other games, but on the other hand if you liked the other games to an extent but didn't like the sandbox style then this is probably even better since it's not a sandbox type of game. I would say this is the first major release of the fall/winter season where all the other big major release games come out. It's going to be a busy September with Halo Reach coming out in a few days, then Dead Rising 2 comes out a couple of weeks after that, then you have Iron Man 2 DVD/Bluray and then Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, and probably some others right now I can't think of without looking...

Oh NBA 2k11 especially if your a Micheal Jordan fan or NBA fan in general but there is also NBA Elite which is supposed to be NBA Live 11 but they're changing the name and supposed to have a way better look and control feel to it, plus the ONLY WAY you can get the new NBA Jam game on 360 or PS3 is by getting NBA Elite brand new. If there's one thing that pisses me off is they have to do something like that. Of course it has to come from EA, but I would much rather pay $10 to maybe even $20 just for the new NBA Jam game that was until recently exclusive to the Wii. I really don't want to buy a whole game that I really don't want just for NBA Jam. Heck it can be looked at as buying NBA Jam for $60 and getting NBA Elite for free. I wonder how many people are going to be doing that? I know I'll probably be one of those people depending how good it is (NBA Jam) and then just trade in or sell NBA Elite. I would much rather have and play NBA 2K11 just because Jordan will be in it fully licensed so it won't be a created player or anything like that. Even if Elite is better than 2K11, I'd still would only want to play 2K11 lol...

So that's what I'm currently playing, along with Madden 11 and I think I'm going to throw Super Street Fighter 4 in it as well this weekend some time, but also the future games I plan on getting and playing here pretty soon. Man I'm really needing a job now with all these games coming out and money being tight...

Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
    Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
    Mirror's Edge
    Dead Rising
    Dead Rising 2: Case 0
    Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Dark Void
    Halo 3

Yeah, my gaming drought ended very abruptly. Won't matter, all those game swill ge tput aside next week anyway to make room for Reach.
    "Sometimes you have to do something stupid to get results!" - X-Ray
    X-Ray & Vav

I got Dark Void for so cheap, like $2.50. Any online on that focker?
    Oh, the Horror! Reviews - Check out our ever-growing vault of theatrical and home video horror reviews! Now on Twitter!
    B.A.L.L.S. Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett H. View Post
    I got Dark Void for so cheap, like $2.50. Any online on that focker?
    Single player only. Though I will add that I had a fucking blast playing that game. Cover systems while upside down on the wals as well as flying around in jetpacks? Shit yeah, that was good times.
    "Sometimes you have to do something stupid to get results!" - X-Ray
    X-Ray & Vav

Dark Void is one of my favorite games. The story is broken -- it's like reading the cliff notes for a story, it doesn't gel very well -- but the voice talent is great, the soundtrack is one of the best ever written for a video game (Above the Canopy is my favorite; that slap bass solo is crazy), and the gameplay is really fun. I hope Capcom produces a sequel.

I still need to get a copy of the game -- I've only played a borrowed version and haven't quite finished it -- and now that Amazon is selling it really cheap, I might be able to (as well as Mirror's Edge).

When I have the time, been playing Madden '11 for a month straight. Fucking awesome awesome game.

Am I the only sports game fan around here?

I play them occasionally -- usually in the company of others -- but to be honest, I think the sporting game genre is my least favorite due to the head-spinning nature of release. By the time I pick up Madden '08 or SmackDown vs. Raw '10, the new one is either already out or about to come out. At $60 a pop, I can't afford to keep up with what's hot, particularly when a lot of these franchise only make minor cosmetic tweaks from game to game.

Fighting games have been bad about this over the years, too. There are too many versions of Street Fight II to count.

My nephew and I have been playing NCAA 2010 since it came out. We play on the same team, he quarterbacks, I do everything else. Sometimes the game will adapt to your current play style and cause you to have to change it up. I sometimes have to play a line man and push the defense around to let him run to the left or give him time to pass. It's alot of fun and changes it up from just catching passes and running plays, especially if the computer is shutting you down in these areas already.

Darksiders PS3