Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Stephen King's "IT"

Default Re: Stephen King's "IT"

Who doesn't love a clown ?
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

That stock scream at the end was great.

Hilarious, fitting for Pennywise.
    He's back... The man behind the mask...
    And he's out of control!

Dark Lord of the Sith Freddy Krueger's Avatar

I can't get over how amazing this looks. This book is finally getting the adaptation it deserves.

Georgie smiling and saying, "You'll float too" is fucking terrifying.
    "You're a disease...and I'm the cure."

Looks very good. Is the past here always set in the 80s as announced months ago ? It doesn't look like the 50s and sure looks like a E-T/Goonies/Stranger Things movie. I'm not totally sure, but it does look like the 80s here.

The mini-series had a very good first part (in the 50s) but the second part (in the 80s) was less interesting. I'm interested to see if the 2 movies will stay always at a high level, past and present.

At least, IT does look very good and scary.

Needs more Tim Curry goofyness.

He's back... The man behind the mask...
    And he's out of control!

Deadline reports that the IT trailer has smashed through worldwide viewing records, in much the same way Pennywise might devour an unsuspecting victim. Within 24 hours of its debut, the IT trailer had already racked up nearly 200 million views, shattering the previous record of 139 million views set by the trailer for The Fate of the Furious back in December.

Quote Originally Posted by i am SAW View Post
    Deadline reports that the IT trailer has smashed through worldwide viewing records, in much the same way Pennywise might devour an unsuspecting victim. Within 24 hours of its debut, the IT trailer had already racked up nearly 200 million views, shattering the previous record of 139 million views set by the trailer for The Fate of the Furious back in December.

This is Killer Klown from the Sewer Space !!!!

8. Thanks Rick thanked for this post
    Blog Entries

Today was my nephew's 15th birthday. I took him to this tonight. I'm about 27 years older than him; he is about the age of the kid versions... I'm about the age of the adult versions.
    Anyways....

This movie is LEGIT. I highly encourage all of you to see this one. Exceptionally well-made and faithful to the source material which is hardly ever the case for film adaptions of King's stories. Suspenseful and tense, yet also filled with a lot of action. I feel they developed the characters well given the movie's run time. A few changes here and there and some jump scares aside... this is an exceptional horror movie. 9/10
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

10. Thanks Freddy Krueger thanked for this post
    Dark Lord of the Sith Freddy Krueger's Avatar

Yes, to Monkey you listen! Freaking excellent movie. I can't wait to see it again.

This sucker's breaking all kinds of box office records too. Not only the largest opening weekend for a horror film, but this thing just nabbed the highest September Tuesday box office with 11 million. This thing could be cruising past $200 million by the end of the weekend.
    "You're a disease...and I'm the cure."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
    Yes, to Monkey you listen! Freaking excellent movie. I can't wait to see it again.

This sucker's breaking all kinds of box office records too. Not only the largest opening weekend for a horror film, but this thing just nabbed the highest September Tuesday box office with 11 million. This thing could be cruising past $200 million by the end of the weekend.
    I'm not sure I'll see it again in theaters, but I'll definitely buy it. Have to wait two years for the sequel (and hopefully, the conclusion...).
    As of today, IT has earned $143 million in five days.

Right now I think the records for IT to beat are:

Rated R Horror Movie: The Exorcist, $232,906,145
    Horror Movie: Twilight Eclipse, $300,531,751 (Do tween vampire drama movies count?)
    Rated R Movie: Passion of the Christ, $370,782,930

Figures from BoxOfficeMojo & not adjusted for inflation.
    I'm surprised by how very few horror movies have ever crossed the $100 million threshold.

Supposed to be seeing this on Friday with some coworkers. I'm fully prepared to be terrified beyond belief.

It was a ton better then the miniseries but (IMO) doesn't quite deserve the massive amount of hype it's getting.
    Don't get me wrong, it's really good, but I think a lot of the hype is because it was so much better then the previous version by comparison.
    I never expected a completely faithful adaptation of the book and I'm not sure that could propely be done.
    I actually went in with fairly low expectations and avoided spoilers so i could be surprised by any changes made, but i still came away thinking that there was a lot more they could have done given the talent they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It was a ton better then the miniseries but (IMO) doesn't quite deserve the massive amount of hype it's getting.
    Don't get me wrong, it's really good, but I think a lot of the hype is because it was so much better then the previous version by comparison.
    I never expected a completely faithful adaptation of the book and I'm not sure that could properly be done.
    I totally agree, and such an adaption could be done, it would just take about 10-12 hours as a HBO/Showtime/Amazon type mini series to do it. That's also how I'd prefer it too, and I liked the movie but am also a huge fan of the book.
    www.halloweencomics.com

I really wish they had gone the HBO route.

17. Thanks Steve thanked for this post
    Blog Entries

That would be fine for me; The Dark Tower, a movie that begs to be in tv form, could be a 40-50 episode series easily.

19. Thanks Steve thanked for this post