Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: What books are you currently reading?

Default Re: What books are you currently reading?

If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

I'm re-reading Summer of Night by Dan Simmons.

Dark Lord of the Sith Freddy Krueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natman View Post
    I hate that that novel got re-titled after the (terrible) TV movie adaptation came out. Thankfully I still have my copy of the correctly titled White Shark.
    "You're a disease...and I'm the cure."

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
    I hate that that novel got re-titled after the (terrible) TV movie adaptation came out. Thankfully I still have my copy of the correctly titled White Shark.
    I got the book too. Although the shark monster designed by Stan Winston was all sorts of awesome.

Sadly the flick was a disappointment.

APOCALYPSE MACHINE by Jeremy Robinson.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

WAR OF THE WORLDS:New Millennium by Douglas Niles.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

ADDED:

Quote Originally Posted by Natman View Post
    Unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed both the movie and the book.
    Last edited by Steve Freeling; 04-11-2016 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Double Post Merged
    Look, Dr. Lesh, we don't care about the disturbances, the pounding and the flashing, the screaming, the music. We just want you to find our little girl.

FLESH & FIRE by Lucas Mangum.

DARK OF NIGHT by Jonathon Maberry & Rachel Lavin.

Signing Off... Deranged Psychopath Chex's Avatar

But Jamie's character in The Fog was really easy wasn't she? Get in my truck and get in my bed - in that order.
    -Tom Atkins

Currently reading Stephen King's Bazaar of Bad Dreams. It's pretty good! Sometimes his short stories are hit or miss, but I enjoy this one completely. I also really like his Mr. Mercedes series. I'm eagerly waiting for the third book to come out and be put on my library's ebook website. That's where I've been getting most of my books since I don't have a car. I just wish I could check out more than five at a time.
    "Jefferson Starships...Because they're horrible and hard to kill."-Dean.

"Third kind already? You better run Man, I think the fourth kind is the butt thing."-Sam

UNITY by Jeremy Robinson.

WOLF LAND by Jonathon Janz.

JOE LEDGER:Special Ops by Jonathon Maberry.

honestly i recall only ever reading one whole book in my whole life. even in school, never had the patience to read a book, like an a.d.d. thing or something. it had to be something i wanted to read, and a "story" was never it. but like i would read every rap music magazine from cover to cover and remember them to this day. i can recall posts and comments from the internet from as far back as the late 90's.

anyway, the one book i read was in 1997, "Don't Stand Too Close To A Naked Man" by Tim Allen. that was only because i was obsessed with him for like a whole decade, had every episode of Home Improvement taped on vhs, and when ebay first started i used to buy every picture of him available, i actually still have them, 4 whole photo albums full, probably over a thousand dollars spent on them. i know, wow. anyway the book was funny. did you know he'd been in prison for dealing cocaine? hes from Detroit? and his birth name is Timothy Allen Dick. he dropped his last name when he got into tv and stand up comedy cause he didnt like being introduced as Tim Dick or going to restaurants and hearing "yous table is ready, Mr. Dick". i rode with him up till about the movie Wild Hogs, then, not stopped liking him, but just lost the obsession crush with following his every move. still think he's extremely handsome to this day, on his new sitcom that i dont watch, and he'll always be the first celebrity dream husband i had. whew, that got off topic real fast, huh?

Trying to get through Stephen King's Dark Tower 7.
    If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Member of Killa's Crew 2.0
    Member of Creature Of The Night Crew

Unpopular opinion, but I loved the final Dark Tower book.

Anyway, what I've been reading recently:

RESIDENT EVIL:Underworld by S.D. Perry.

SHARKMAN by Steve Alten.
    [

Signing Off... Deranged Psychopath Chex's Avatar

But Jamie's character in The Fog was really easy wasn't she? Get in my truck and get in my bed - in that order.
    -Tom Atkins

I will make it because I dream Westin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pedagogy, learning psychology, planning and assessment books for teachers.
    "Where the hell am I supposed to find silver bullets? K-mart?"
    --The Monster Squad

Modern horror doesn't impress me much.
    Kindly put on your rose-tinted glasses before reading my posts.

LAMPREYS by Alan Spencer.

THE GUNS OF SANTA SANGRE by Eric Red.

Dark Lord of the Sith Freddy Krueger's Avatar

"You're a disease...and I'm the cure."

THE WOLVES OF EL DIABLO ! by Eric Red.