Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Supernatural

Default Re: Supernatural

Crowley's gotten fucking awesome in recent time.
    "HOOPER OUT!"

I've made it to the Christmas episode in Season 3 and have started buying the season box sets.

It's official... I'm hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post
    Crowley's gotten fucking awesome in recent time.
    It's not that I don't like Crowley. The actor that plays him is fantastic, but I think he'd be better served as an occasional guest star rather than becoming ingrained in every arc.

Well, let that one go cause he's not going anywhere, I'm afraid.
    "HOOPER OUT!"

Member of the Ruling Class Rivers13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am kind of wishy washy on Crowley. I enjoy him when he is being swarmy and smug, but when he tries to act all powerful and evil, I am kind of Bleh on the whole deal.
    I am a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule!

The Candy Man Deranged Psychopath Chex's Avatar

Finally started in on season 9 tonight.

SPOILERS FOR THE PREMIERE OF SEASON 9....WHICH I GUESS DOESN'T NEED TO BE SAID BECAUSE SEASON 10 JUST ENDED. WHY AM I WRITING THIS?!

Season 8 ends with Sam deciding that he wants to live after Dean talks him out of closing the gates of Hell. Season 9 starts off with Sam wanting to just die and stop fighting.

I really want to still like this show. I do. I'm just having trouble when the show keeps doing crap like that or decides it wants to repeat itself for the umpteenth time. Yet again, there's something wrong with Sam and he's not exactly himself so it'll be up to Dean to keep him together. Yet again, Dean's going to keep a major secret from Sam. I'm willing to bet that yet again Sam will find out, they'll argue, possibly split up for an episode, then return to the status quo. Prove me wrong in every which way possible season 9.
    But Jamie's character in The Fog was really easy wasn't she? Get in my truck and get in my bed - in that order.
    -Tom Atkins

Sam will find out all right... and the shit will hit the fan.

(Idk, I'm not much further than you, but from what I know, shit does get interesting for a while.)

I've got about 5 episodes left of season 9.

The first half of the season is mediocre. There are some cool moments like Cass working at the gas station. Human Cass is always fun. The rest of it was just a waiting game for Gadreel's big reveal and the eventual blow-up between the brothers and their usual spat.

The second half of the season is a step up and far more interesting. Great idea to bring in Cain and Abel. I'm surprised though that it was never mentioned how the brothers are related to Cain and Abel since it was established a few seasons prior. Oh well. The mark and blade has given the story a shot in the arm.

As idiotic as the first half of season 8 was with Sam's random lady pal, having a teenage crush on a monster, him not caring to even try and save Dean, at least they're getting some use out of the latter by pushing it further to show that Sam isn't like Dean at all in regards to one of them dying.

Thinking about it, seasons 6 and 7 feel really weird now. Seasons 8 and 9's story (probably 10 as well) should have followed the climax of season 5 instead of the jumbled 20 plotlines of 6 and the terrible waste known as 7.

5 more to go and then it's time for the six month wait for season 10.
    But Jamie's character in The Fog was really easy wasn't she? Get in my truck and get in my bed - in that order.
    -Tom Atkins

Two episodes left of season 9.

That backdoor pilot was something awful. Way too cluttered in trying to establish the characters, but it was how clashed with the Supernatural universe that got under my skin. Chicago is ran my five monster mob families? And nobody in the history of the show had noticed? The hell you say.

Also didn't care for how Sam and Dean acted. Never mind that they each have their moments of amused acceptance of these new characters, only performed to make the viewing audience think "hey, they like these guys so they must be cool!", but hanging out with monsters and being just fine with it clashes with several episodes prior. Hell, it messed with the episode right before this one. I can't say I'm shedding tears about the spinoff being cancelled.

So Abaddon died like a worthless punk. The end of last season / start of this season built her up like she was going to be this big bad villain and she went out like any no name demon. It didn't help that she just stood there while angry faced Dean slowly walked up to her. I get it. All these big threats succumb due to their hubris and she was unwilling to believe in what was happening. Her time traveling only to take Crowley's son hostage is just idiotic though. Almost as dumb as having Sam and Dean go get the knife and then meet up with her. Why not just get the knife and keep it from them since that was the brothers' only edge on her? Why not simply kill Crowley once he was incapacitated. Sloppy.

I was liking this knife and mark of Cain bit until I realized I had seen this all before. Dean now has an addiction to the knife and is going all evil. The show has repeated so many stories and elements of itself that I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's doing the same thing yet again. Oh, but it's not Sam so it's ok.

Let me guess...Dean goes evil because of his blood --- I mean knife addiction. Sam has to bring him back but in doing so something terrible will be the consequence. Damn, I hope the show isn't going to actually repeat the first half of the series.
    -Tom Atkins

Season 13 is a lucky number if you’re a fan of both Supernatural and Scooby-Doo, as the long-running CW drama will team up with the classic ‘toon for a mystery-solving adventure during the 2017-18 TV season.

Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki made the announcement on Thursday at The CW’s annual Upfront presentation, teasing a “colorful” episode that will take place in the “fully animated world of Scooby-Doo.”

http://tvline.com/2017/05/18/superna...mated-episode/
    Ok, that's pretty damn cool.
    -Tom Atkins