Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should the series have ended with F13 The Final Chapter

Blog Entries

Default Re: Should the series have ended with F13 The Final Chapter

In a word... yes.
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

Look. What. You. DID. TO. HIM! Evil Overlord The 5th Golden Girl's Avatar

The first four movies, to me, are one, big movie. Yes, these are low-budget slasher films, but the first four actually did a good job of building off one another and telling a continuing story. I never watch one of the first four films without watching the other three.

That being said, I do enjoy the films that came after the first four though nearly not as much. Still, these films have meant a lot to me over the past 15 years or so, so no, they shouldn't have ended with part 4. Now, if you asked if they should have ended after part 8, maybe the poll would be a little more interesting.

However, I will say this. I don't think the series should continue on forever. It'll need to end eventually. Once we left the 80's behind, Jason has looked more and more out of place. We'll see how the remake goes, I guess, but I think the Jason franchise will be dead by 2020.
    On the Ferris Wheel of life, I'm the carny holding the throttle.

Though I love Part V, and the others are kinda entertaining, I think the series should have ended with TFC, if just to leave it at a respectable halt. But, for the many people whose careers it helped (you know what I mean ) 'no'. IMO, yes.
    Oh, the Horror! All Decades. All Sub-Genres. All Terror!
    _Baker's Dozen_ Member of Killa's Crew 2.0
    The Bear Family Member of the Horror RPG, Seasons 1-4 and Remake

Yes and No. It should've ended at TFC because around half of the sequels since have sucked and post-TFC it really became known as the 'hockey mask guy hacking up campers' series. But No, because despite the bad reputation and the unbelievable ideas, we've still got some cool kills, Jason looks and stuff since then. It really depends at how you really look at the series. Some people look at it as, Jason hacking up campers' - in that case, Part 7 was basically, the end. Others look at it as 'Jason's adventures' - in that case, Parts 9 and 5 suck. Others look at it as 'Pure Suckage'.

I personally think the whole reason films like ANB, JX, FvJ and JGTH were so hated is because they DETRACTED from the sterotypical theme. They were all attempts to take the films into a new direction, and thus canned the basics of the Camp, Crystal Lake and in two cases, Jason as a whole. And ironically, they came at the points where audiences got so used to the original theme that they disliked seeing anything else here.

The only other reason I can think of is that there's too many Jason-specific fanboys out there who hate JGTH and ANB because there's no Jason and no better reason.

Off-topic: I forgot. Which was Jason's speaking line in JGTH?

Blog Entries

This is... so sad. I was perusing the forum and I saw that JVM posted a response in 2016... at least I thought he did.
    His last post was in 2011, the last post in this thread was about 9 years ago. Think about where you were 9 years ago.

Anyways, I would have been good with the series ending with TFC. However, I do love ANB, JL, the new blood, so, who knows.
    I can't believe nobody has posted in this thread for 9 years.
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”