Thanks Thanks:  13
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lost Boys

Default The Lost Boys

The original deserves its own thread.

I was surprised by the ending.
    Last edited by El Rooto; 04-09-2008 at 03:08 AM.

Default Re: The Lost Boys

I love this movie and still have to get the 2-disc DVD.

Lost Boys is definitely one of the movies that I grew up with and loved. I too was shocked with the ending. Loved the fight scenes between the vampires and the Frog Brothers.

Funny how most of my favorite movies from my childhood have Corey Feldman in them: Goonies, Lost Boys, Gremlins, The Burbs, and of course Friday the 13th.
    Linderman: Who cares about some f*$@ dream guy, Ok? That psycho in the hockey mask was real.
    Freeburg: Dude, that goalie was pissed about something.

I love this film aso.Gotta love the Coreys.

The Lost Boys is a movie I will always hold close to my heart. I grew up with this film, one of the first films I seen in the movie theater. I still have the cassette of the soundtrack my brother gave me that he must have bought 20 years ago!

This is one of the dopest vampire flicks you'll ever see. There aren't many films out there where the soundtrack makes you want to watch the film immediately, but The Lost Boys is one of them.

Oh, the Horror! - All Decades, All Sub-Genres!

Balls Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
    EFilmCritic - reviews of everything else

I grew up watching this movie. It remains a favourite to this day. The soundtrack is one of my favourites too.

I still believe!
    I know that over the, uh, the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile.

It's still hard to believe that Kef went being a badass vamp to a badass spy. How the times have changed.

Just put this movie on (again) last week. Whenever I need an 80s fix, I usually put this one on.
    If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Member of Killa's Crew 2.0
    Member of Creature Of The Night Crew

Yeah , i saw this last Sunday for the first time in a while. Can't believe its 21 years old.

Great great film, probably in my all time top ten.

Out of interest, when you say you were surprised by the ending, do you mean you were surprised that it was Max or that the Grandpa knew about the vampires all along?
    _Baker's Dozen_

One of my favorite vampire films of all time. This flick got me hooked on horror, and haven't gotten enough since. I think I may have a problem. I own the VHS, the original DVD release of it, the CD of the hellacool soundtrack, and the Special Edition, Two Disc DVD. The latter of which, any fan of this movie should snag if they find it. The picture quality on it is simply excellent, let me tell you. When I first watched it it was like just getting glasses ,and realizing that my vision wasn't 20/20. It's probaly Joel Schumacher's best film. And I seriously wished that the Schumacher who directed this flick, was the one who directed Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. What happened to that guy ?
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Fowlees View Post
    Out of interest, when you say you were surprised by the ending, do you mean you were surprised that it was Max or that the Grandpa knew about the vampires all along?
    I was surprised about Max.

Grandpa is awesome.

I picked up the soundtrack to The Lost Boys on vinyl yesterday. It's really rad hearing it being played via record player. I live in the ghetto where people listen to garbage like Soulja Boy & it's always nice to crank up "I Still Believe." I love that song.

I know that over the, uh, the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile.

I just found out that this is on at midnight for less than two bucks. Awesome.

You taste like a burger The Rudd's Avatar

I used to watch this film, along with the first Halloween, constantly. And I still love it every time I watch it. If you don't own the 2-disc set, definitely pick it up.

Great Atmosphere, cast, everything.

'Cry Little Sister' is such a great song, too. No matter how many times it was used, in some way, in the film.

Kiefer was great in this film, as were the two Coreys.

I'm really tempting to watch 'The Tribe' simply because I am such a fan of the first, regardless as to how different the film may look. Maybe it's just my intuition of thinking I have to watch it, from a fan standpoint.

...and how could I forget to mention "I Still Believe."

Baker's Dozen | Miller Timers | Pineapple Cult | The Rudd Reich | The Cult of Thorn | Harsh Corps | Joe Bob Briggs
    Formerly TheReaper666, Sean [The Wildcard]

I love in the audio commentary how Joel Schumacher talks about how Tim Cappello would work out or something. Hahhaa...
    Last edited by Notti; 08-03-2008 at 11:55 PM.

His name is Marz... Madman Marz's Avatar

Definitely one of the best vampire movies, along with Fright Night.
    Member of the F13 Community since May 15, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by MaDMaNMaRz View Post
    Definitely one of the best vampire movies, along with Fright Night.
    I agree with that.

Both are 1980s vampire gems. I think I like The Lost Boys just a tad better though.

The Lost Boys is one of my all-time favorites. It was one of the first real horror films I saw as a kid and I've loved it ever since. The style, the characters, everything. I always thought the Frog Bros. had some of the best dialouge in this film:

Alan Frog: We unraveled in the face of the enemy!

Edgar Frog: It wasn't our fault, they pulled a mind-scramble; they opened their eyes and talked!

Classic. Can't wait to meet the cast at Monster Mania in a few weeks (yeah, I'm bragging)

As for The Tribe, I like to pretend it doesn't even exist.

BTW, does anyone know what the song "Cry Little Sister" is supposed to be about? I always took the lyrics to imply giving into temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Geddy Peart View Post
    As for The Tribe, I like to pretend it doesn't even exist.
    Yeah? Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by missingmachete View Post
    Yeah? Why's that?
    I know some folks on this forum enjoyed it, but I absolutely HATED it.

And yes, I know it had a small budget and was straight to DVD, but it had none of the magic the original had. The style and feel of the original is completely absent. The editing and soundtrack was something out of a Skinemax flick. Seriously, some shots were crystal clear while others had a grainy quality.

The story was basically a rehash of the first film

only with a role reversal of the vamps trying to get the younger sister to join and the older brother trying to save her.

Despite that, it still didn't feel like The Lost Boys to me. Also, there weren't any great lines like in the first film.

Speaking of the vampires they stood out in no way, shape or form; unlike Dwayne, Paul and Marco from the original. Even though they didn't have many lines and were mostly in the background, they had a presence to them. They seemed important. Not so much with the vamp lackeys in The Tribe.

And Angus Sutherland may have the family name and looks like his brother, but his acting makes Keanue Reeves look like Heath Ledger talent-wise. I know some feel he played the head vamp to appeal to female viewers, and though they may have a point his acting still sucked.

All of that aside, the film raises questions as to what happened to Alan Frog and Sam Emerson but doesn't even try to answer them.

Speaking of Sam, that ending was totally pointless without any explanation. It was like they just stuck it in there as a piss-poor attempt to make this feel more like LB.

None of the characters had any depth what so ever

and I'm not counting the older brother getting kicked off the surfing circuit for messing someone's knee up

. Nor were there any fun twists and surprises like Max being the head vamp or Grampa knowing about them all along.

The Tribe was just a crappy, crappy excuse to cash in on the Lost Boys name.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    A shame to hear but alas not too surprising.

- Scarecrow
    It's a shame I actually rented and watched it.

Look. What. You. DID. TO. HIM! Evil Overlord The 5th Golden Girl's Avatar

Screw the Coreys. You know who made the movie?

THE WIEST

On the Ferris Wheel of life, I'm the carny holding the throttle.

Anyone see that last year that NECA Toys came out with two action figures based on Micheal and David from the Lost Boys. The David one looks a wee bit more badass, than Micheal. Who looks to be a having a comprehension problem from the expression on his face.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson