Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Venom (Spider-Man spin-off)

Default Re: Venom

Quote Originally Posted by The Dream Master View Post
    That's a very measured, well-reasoned response with about four months' worth of thought put behind it.
    Well soooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that I forgot about your comment from last year until reviewing this thread when the news about Cleatus came to light just yesterday Nancy.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

Signing Off... Deranged Psychopath Chex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Well soooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that I forgot about your comment from last year until reviewing this thread when the news about Cleatus came to light just yesterday Nancy.
    I'm not used to seeing a post from you without colors so I had to fix it.
    Last edited by Chex; 04-17-2014 at 09:12 PM. Reason: me drunk
    But Jamie's character in The Fog was really easy wasn't she? Get in my truck and get in my bed - in that order.
    -Tom Atkins

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    I'm not used to seeing a post from you without colors so I had to fix it.
    I like.
    You have my....
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

If Carnage is indeed the villain for the flick, I'd love to see the live action version of this shot from last year's Superior Carnage miniseries.

I thought this thread was about the horror movie "Venom". Oh well. A Marvel Venom movie sounds kick ass...bring back that nerd from That 70's Show!

Quote Originally Posted by DJHJR86 View Post
    I thought this thread was about the horror movie "Venom"
    That possibility popped into my head too.
    "...by His wounds we are healed." - Isaiah 53:5
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Apocalypto
    Rorshach to Robert Englund..."None of the fans seem to understand, I'm not in your role, you were in mine!*_*"

strikes like Thunderball Forum Staff Cody's Avatar

Possible title

The Venom movie — which we hear is entitled Venom Carnage — is still said to be in development with old pros Alex Kurtzman and Ed Solomon scripting. The Venom pic, which Kurtzman will direct, may also now come out in 2017.
    Life Between Frames: Filmmaking & film appreciation blog. Guest contributors welcome!

Default Re: Venom (Spider-Man spin-off)

Wow. That title's terrible.
    "Sometimes you have to do something stupid to get results!" - X-Ray
    X-Ray & Vav

Facebook.
    wesr @ hotmail .com

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Sony's Venom Carnage movie is "functionally dead," a new report suggests.

The news accompanies a variety of rumors that Sony may be moving forward with a "soft" Spider-Man reboot, or that Peter Parker may even be put aside for a few years while Sony develops side characters, according to Badass Digest.

Their report comes on the heels of HitFix's claim that Sony Pictures is searching for ways to combine their wall-crawling hero with Marvel Studios' cinematic universe.

Sony has the Amazing Spider-Man spinoff The Sinister Six planned for a November 2016 release date. The studio also announced it's pushing The Amazing Spider-Man 3 to an unspecified release date in 2018.

There is no official word about the fate of Venom Carnage, but stay tuned to IGN for more news regarding the villain-centric spinoff.
    I hope that terrible title they chose stays dead.
    X-Ray & Vav

The title's fine. It's been used for a couple of the comic book meetings between the psycho symbiotes. The emity is a theme in ,and of itself. Like Browns/Steelers. Hatfields/McCoys. Wolverine/Sabertooth. Democrats/Republicans. It won't stop me from seeing the flick. If it's still happening.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 10-09-2014 at 01:23 AM.

hahahahaha Venom Carnage just sounds like a movie that's destined to have a holographic poster variant.

Oh, the Horror! - All Decades, All Sub-Genres!

Balls Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
    EFilmCritic - reviews of everything else

I didnt really see Venom carrying a movie on his own. He doesnt have much recognition beyond avid comic fans. Of course I said the same thing about Guardians and that was fucking awesome.

hahahahaha Venom Carnage just sounds like a movie that's destined to have a holographic poster variant.
    It sounds like Sony commissioned jason12 to title their movie. Can't wait for Venom Carnage II: Erection...
    X-Ray & Vav

This wouldn't be the first try at a solo Venom flick. New Line Cinema had the rights to the character in the mid-nineties, and were looking to make a film about Eddie Brock and his special friend. David Goyer was charged with writing the script, and other than that I don't know what it involved. Other than a lack of Spidey who tied up in legal limbo at the time. Probably would've ended up being another Steel, but I'd love to see the script nonetheless.

ADDED:

I actually miss those things. The chromium one were cool also.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 10-09-2014 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Double Post Merged

The Adventures of Eddie and Cletus.
    I know that over the, uh, the last several months I've lost a lot of things and one of them has been my smile.

Sony's VENOM spin-off is on again with a October 5, 2018 release date. It won't be connected to the upcoming SPIDER-MAN:HOMECOMING flick, and be its own separate entity.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only
    It won't be connected to the upcoming SPIDER-MAN:HOMECOMING flick, and be its own separate entity.
    Like......... Catwoman previously ? Not connected to Batman and be its own separate entity ?

Bad idea. Really really bad idea. Maybe if Homecoming make twice more than ASM on box office they would change their mind.

They just have to talk to Feige's team to explain how they see their Venom, and agree on a vision, and do their own MCU Venom in a way linked to Holland's Spider-Man. Feige is busy with all the other movies and I don't see how it could be a bad thing to have a Venom solo movie within the MCU. The Netflix series are for now very far from the movies and ARE part of the MCU at the same time. The same could work for Venom. Connected, but not a "crossover".

And as far as the audience goes, as far as marketing goes, a Venom movie in 2018 not connected to Homecoming would make no sense.

Well, if Homecoming fails, it would make sense, but is there any risk Homecoming will fail ? Frankly ?

So it will be made for sure ? Looks like it is. Good actor. We've just have to wait till after the release of Spider-Man Homecoming to hear more about this Venom. I'm curious and another movie I'll be looking for next year.

Just read some article about Venom and it's always supposed to be outside the MCU. I always don't understand that for a movie released ONE year after the MCU Spider-Man movie. Maybe it's just a legal thing. As it won't be produced by Feige, maybe it can't be "officially" part of the MCU. I don't know. Sure there's another Spider-Man non-MCU movie released in december 2018 but it will be an animated movie, not live-action. How can they market that ?

It would have been nice if they used the post-credit sequence of Homecoming to introduce Venom, then they could do Venom in a solo movie without talking too much about Spider-Man and the MCU. The link would have been made already.

How will they explain the appearance of Venom without Tom Holland's Spider-Man somewhere in the movie ? And if there's a Spider-Man (Brock/Venom watching him on TV and deciding to copy him in black ?), so why not make him the MCU one ? "This is Spider-Man, but not the one you saw last year, no no, that's a different one ! No, not Garfield either, another one !"

Maybe they could have Dr Strange saying it's a parallel dimension ? But that would make it part of the MCU too....

Or maybe Venom won't look like a dark Spider-Man at all... and we all know what happened to Catwoman when she broke all links to Batman.............