Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Jeepers Creepers III: Cathedral

"Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

I will make it because I dream Westin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jeepers Creepers III: Cathedral

http://ihorror.com/jeepers-creepers-3-petition-boycott/

There is already a petition to boycott the production of the movie.
    "Where the hell am I supposed to find silver bullets? K-mart?"
    --The Monster Squad

Modern horror doesn't impress me much.
    Kindly put on your rose-tinted glasses before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypto View Post
    I didn't think JC3 was going theatrical.

ADDED:

Yeah, but unfortunately most of Hollywood doesn't change...it's an industry that caters to decadent filth. I suppose you could say Salva is just another example of that.

Bryan Singer has been linked to inappropriate sexual activity with underage boys numerous times too, and while never being convicted, it's hard to believe that this repeatedly keeps coming up, years apart, with children that don't even know each other, if there isn't something to it.

Truthfully, I find Hollywood so disgusting for personal reasons that I refuse to even watch most mainstream celebrities anymore, because by paying to see them I'd be giving my money to promote causes I find despicable.

I can understand people wanting to have nothing to do with Salva's movies because of who/what he is because I do that with many celebs that do everything they can to advocate agendas I find abhorrent...with Salva I suppose the difference is that seeing his films isn't really 'advocating an agenda' because it's not like we're really doing anything to contribute to child molestation by seeing it.

I absolutely agree that the guy is still a scumbag and has never really changed as far as his urges go. I don't think he's going to do it again because he doesn't want to be arrested, not because of some great transformation in his character.

I saw this editorial/report from Rebelmedia.com today, and honestly am wondering what the bleep is going on behind the scenes at Hollywood, and even with those involved in politics on left.

Personally, I'm hoping after reading all this stuff here, and other areas of the net. Heck there was even a crack about Brian Singer molesting child actors on FAMILY GUY a few months back. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing the Attorney General launch a probe, investigation into Hollywood about this stuff.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

The right just elected a guy president who used to bust into teenage girls' dressing rooms as they were changing, so maybe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Oh, the Horror! - All Decades, All Sub-Genres!

Balls Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
    EFilmCritic - reviews of everything else

5. Thanks Freddy Krueger thanked for this post

And the left has been endorsing blatant child murder and passing it off as "feminism" and "women's health care" while cheering on a despicable piece of trash responsible for a plethora of crimes against the country and humanity in general...then followed that up by endorsing a candidate even more disgracefully corrupt with criminal activity being leaked practically every week after a treasonous run as secretary of state.

It's certainly ironic to see them attempting to take the moral high road now.

That's the end result of people that believe in moral relativity...it becomes so subjective that there is no real morality. Hell, even gender is treated as though it's purely subjective by the modern left. And this is coming from someone that used to be a liberal prior to that despicable piece of trash exposing just how overwhelmingly, obviously corrupt modern liberalism is.
    Last edited by Apocalypto; 03-06-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    "...by His wounds we are healed." - Isaiah 53:5
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Apocalypto
    Rorshach to Robert Englund..."None of the fans seem to understand, I'm not in your role, you were in mine!*_*"

Maybe we should stop pointing out pedophiles as representatives of the entire industry they work in. There are sex offenders who are postal workers, but I'm not going to say "Well, it's because the mail system is inherently corrupt."
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

8. Thanks Westin, SanicHeghog thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Natman View Post
    Maybe we should stop pointing out pedophiles as representatives of the entire industry they work in. There are sex offenders who are postal workers, but I'm not going to say "Well, it's because the mail system is inherently corrupt."
    I was about to say the same thing. I no where I stand on the political spectrum but sex offenders know no such thing.
    Welcome to Sonic Team. We make games I think?

Poster.

Teaser trailer.

11. Thanks French Friday thanked for this post

I love the look of the Creeper in that poster and trailer. But it's hard to watch it without thinking about Salva's past. Maybe if he wasn't involved anymore with the franchise, it could evolve into something I could watch without thinking about it. It's as if I learned Tobe Hooper was a cannibal who chased people with a chainsaw in his past, before making TCM. Because The Creeper has that sexual feel towards his victims, so hard to have an open mind before watching this movie. I think I'll see it whatever happens but, well, I don't know... It's difficult to separate the creation from the creator.

I will make it because I dream Westin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I watched Jeepers Creepers I and II, I loved the creeper as a character and thought that the movies were solidly written and directed. Obviously, I knew nothing about the director.

Upon a careful viewing of Jeepers Creepers I and II, my impression was that Salva used symbols and metaphors to admit his alleged crimes. The creeper acts very much like a sexual predator. For example, he is attracted to the smell of the underwear of the kid from the first movie. Another example: he likes to choose his victims in the 2nd movie, many of whom are boys who gratuitously take their shirts off to exhibit their flawless physique.

Personally, I am not watching Jeepers Creepers 3.

That being said, I, obviously, do not want to make any fans of the franchise feel bad about themselves and I support their decision to watch Jeepers Creepers 3, should they wish to do so.
    "Where the hell am I supposed to find silver bullets? K-mart?"
    --The Monster Squad

Modern horror doesn't impress me much.
    Kindly put on your rose-tinted glasses before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Westin View Post
    When I watched Jeepers Creepers I and II, I loved the creeper as a character and thought that the movies were solidly written and directed. Obviously, I knew nothing about the director.

Upon a careful viewing of Jeepers Creepers I and II, my impression was that Salva used symbols and metaphors to admit his alleged crimes. The creeper acts very much like a sexual predator. For example, he is attracted to the smell of the underwear of the kid from the first movie. Another example: he likes to choose his victims in the 2nd movie, many of whom are boys who gratuitously take their shirts off to exhibit their flawless physique.

That being said, I, obviously, do not want to make any fans of the franchise feel bad about themselves and I support their decision to watch Jeepers Creepers 3, should they wish to do so.
    I totally agree with your analysis of Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2. I just always don't know at this point what I want to do with JC3. My curiosity wants to see it. My heart doesn't.

The Party Never Stops CosmoBubba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westin View Post

You know, I'd been thinking of posting something along the lines of "why does Roman Polanski basically get a free pass while people still hold Victor Salva's past against him," but then I read this post. I never really noticed any of that before, but now that I think about it, you make a very solid point.

I've never seen a Polanski movie, but you don't hear stories of him slipping statutory rape metaphors into his movies.
    "Now I'd like two eggs, over hard. I know, don't tell me; it's hard on the arteries, but old habits die hard, just about as hard as I want those eggs. Bacon, super-crispy. Almost burned. Cremated. That's great. And, I'll have the grapefruit juice, just as long as those grapefruits are freshly squeezed."

Some of his movies (including his most revered) are about traumatized women (particularly sexual trauma), which makes them a little more icky (granted, they were made before the stuff that happened in the 70s, but still).

Oh, the Horror! - All Decades, All Sub-Genres!

Balls Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
    EFilmCritic - reviews of everything else

New trailer.