Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: CLOWNFACE (British Slsher film now on Kickstarter)

Default CLOWNFACE (British Slsher film now on Kickstarter)

Hi guys! It's been a while but thought I'd pop in to see if there might be interest in the new slasher film I'm producing, which is currently raising funds on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=creator_nav

ABOUT

In the British Midlands an urban legend stalks the residents of a suburban town; an individual with no known identity beyond the grinning mask of flesh he wears...

CLOWNFACE offers a combination of psychological terror and eighties-influenced slasher carnage. Exploring themes of sadomasochistic desire, revenge and trauma, CLOWNFACE is a horror film that draws from both dramatic thrillers and brutal slasher movies, to bring you a unique and unsettling experience.

Starring in our film is Hannah Douglas (U Want Me 2 Kill Him), Dani Tonks (Parasitic Twin), Richard Bucker (The House of Screaming Death & former UK Olympic Athlete), Thomas Loone (Wuthering Heights) and Philip Bailey (Doctor Who & Carnival of Sorrows) as Clownface himself.

THE STORY

No one talks about the disappearances. People leave. Accidents happen. But the legends are true, and this town is home to Clownface and he's ready for his next performance.

A year after the abduction of her friend Zoe, Jenna Carter is trying to put her life back together. But the arrival of Owen Reynolds, whose family were slaughtered tens years earlier, brings up the past. Owen is certain that Clownface is real, and has kept Zoe prisoner, the latest subject of the killers fascination with finding the perfect flesh.

Jenna, Owen and Zoe must struggle for survival, and to hold onto their own identifies, as they are stalked by the sadistic and brutal Clownface.

CLOWNFACE

A legend in his own right, no one truly knows who Clownface is, where he came from or even how old he is. Any identity he once had has been superseded by the grinning mask of flesh he has constructed from his victims. With a hint of colour on his braces, with his wild hair and his sadistic glee, Clownface embodies a corrupted and warped version of the circus clown. This feature debut for the unknowable killer questions where a man ends, a monster begins and explores the power of the mask in creating a new, twisted personae.

LESBIAN BED DEATH

A UK-based Gothic Punk / Hard Rock band that takes its influences from the horror genre, we're delighted to have LESBIAN BED DEATH contributing a original eighties-influenced song called VIDEO NASTY to the film. Following in the footsteps of HE'S BACK (THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK) by ALICE COOPER and DREAM WARRIORS by DOKKEN, the song will feature, alongside some of the bands existing titles, as part of the film, as well as rewards available from this campaign page! LESBIAN BED DEATH themselves will also make cameo's in the film, with at least one member meeting a bloody end at the hands of CLOWNFACE.

- Scarecrow

2. Thanks Monkey thanked for this post

Default Re: CLOWNFACE (British Slsher film now on Kickstarter)

Sounds interesting. I'm not using kickstarter (maybe I'm too old, it just scares me a little to dig in there, starting to give money that way) but I hope you'll succeed. If I was more used to crowdfunding, I'll give you some money, but for now, I'm not ready. Sorry. I hope the best for your project !

Quote Originally Posted by French Friday View Post
    Sounds interesting. I'm not using kickstarter (maybe I'm too old, it just scares me a little to dig in there, starting to give money that way) but I hope you'll succeed. If I was more used to crowdfunding, I'll give you some money, but for now, I'm not ready. Sorry. I hope the best for your project !
    Thank you for the support French, good to see you're still around!

- Scarecrow

Puddle of Horse Blood Forum Staff sickboy's Avatar

Backed - looks like it should be good!

Thanks sickboy - appreciate it.

Released a new gore shot now, we're very proud of!

- Scarecrow

Blog Entries

Backed.
    Looks like fun. Best of luck!
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

I'll certainly check this out if I get the chance. Hopefully, it will be available to me.

Thanks Monkey, and love your avatar - off to see IT next week if all goes well!

- Scarecrow