Thanks Thanks:  34
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL General Discussion (2016-17 Season)

Blog Entries

Default NFL General Discussion (2016-17 Season)

The Hall of Fame game is in 3 weeks (9 August).
    Season starts Thursday, September 10th.

Last season was filled with drama overshadowing the game itself.
    Deflategate polarizes (some people up in arms about deflated footballs, others say quit crying like little bitches). Rice & AP, will they play or won't they? Goodell makes decisions and then flip/flopping to whatever's public opinion. TBI settlement in question, future liability possible for head injuries.

How's your team going to do? Predictions for the Super Bowl? Will this be the Rams last year in St. Louis? Is somebody in the AFC East going to dethrone the Pats? Has the NFL peaked in popularity? The extra point is now at the 15-yard line.

Are you ready for some football?
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

Default Re: NFL General Discussion (2015-16 Season)

Here's my schedule-game prediction for the Browns:
    @Jets-L
    vsTitans-W
    vsRaiders-L
    @Chargers-L
    @Ravens-L
    vsBroncos-W
    @Rams-W
    vsCardinals-L
    @Bengals-L
    @Steelers-L
    vsRavens-W
    vsBengals-W
    vs49ers-W
    @Seahawks-L
    @Cheifs-L
    vsSteelers-L

I got them going 6-10. This Browns team tops out at 9 wins, bottoms out at 5 wins IMO.
    Welcome to Sonic Team. We make games I think?

Blog Entries

I stopped watching tv a few months ago; it's all netflix & youtube these days. Stopped going to ESPN.com because the format change is horrible (less viewable content, more advertising). Out of the loop.

Guess I don't understand this thing about Brady's phone & Stephen A. Smith. But really, I just don't care. So much drama & filler content when it's really all about the game.

I think the Vikings will continue to get better and Peyton Manning will retire at the end of the season. I'd like to see the Cardinals dominate again like they did for most of the season last year. It would be cool to seem them win it all.
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

Not a licensed attorney Forum Staff Hoody's Avatar

We realized at 1:30am last night that Sunday Ticket does not let you view local games, meaning our "ditch cable and get sunday ticket on the ps3" plan failed.

We're scrambling now and probably getting direct tv.
    Yea Nash was defending his wife, from his son. At least no one tore a quad. - Biosynthnut v.2

Could be a good or bad thing that you're watching Saints games.

Teams who could surprise: Saints, Vikings, Buccaneers, Raiders, Jets
    Teams who could disappoint: Broncos, Cowboys, Lions, Texans

Is anybody gonna make a Yahoo pick'em league this year?

Yeah, VV will have that started for sure.

Oh, the Horror! - All Decades, All Sub-Genres!

Balls Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
    EFilmCritic - reviews of everything else

Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks after getting sucker punched in the locker room and suffering a broken jaw.

So the Jests might actually contend this year? LOL
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a Memory no one can steal.

I won't be able to join you guys in the pick em game for the next 3 years. My job has me out to sea half of the year, so I won't be able to get my picks in. But I'll be following when I can. Go Panthers.

So, before everyone starts running with "Radiogate," The NFL has already released a statement essentially taking the blame for the communication issues that happened in the game tonight.

ADDED:
    And, just for good measure....

Last edited by NiteMare Shape; 09-11-2015 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Double Post Merged
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a Memory no one can steal.

Blog Entries

I think ESPN should run footage of Steve Young and the rest of the announcers pronouncing the Patriots dead when they were whipped by KC and dropped to a 2-2 record last year. They should run that footage before every MNF game. I'm not big into all the wasted air time analysts get, they just babble on about bullshit and speculate. I just want to watch the fucking games.

Today:
    Co-Worker: "Are you ready for the Seahawks game?"
    Me: "The Vikings game is on Monday night."

Another conversation involved the Pats-Steelers game. I was happy to see the Pats win, and hoped they would have crushed the Steelers even more. When he said "Patriots?" as if there was something wrong with me, I knew he couldn't be much of a Seahawks fan.

At least the Pats won the SB fair and square. It was an amazing game; I hoped the Seahawks would win, but a lousy call to pass when you have about the best RB and the best defense in the league (LOL Carroll).... no back-to-back for you. DB made one hell of a play, Pats earned it. The only people who seem to really care about deflate gate are Colts and Jets fans. I don't give one fuck. Anyways, fuck the Steelers.

When the NFL opens the season with a Steelers loss, everybody wins.
    Last edited by Monkey; 09-13-2015 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    When the NFL opens the season with a Steelers loss, everybody wins.
    A-Motherfucking-men brother

Be with your Friends Forum Staff Jason's Storm's Avatar

My god was Trent Dilfer fucking annoying. Almost like he was trying to outshine Berman.

~JS
    The use of "~JS" is copyrighted. Using it will result in a severe, bloody anal fisting, you cocksmuts.
    Donate Now!! For a newer better F13 Community.
    Voted The Meanest Mod in the 2009 & 2013 F13: The Community Awards

Blog Entries

I'm hoping the 49ers are just better than expected and Vikings had an off night. Crap.

With digital broadcasting, it's too bad we can't switch the audio to local announcers and/or no announcers at all. Imagine watching the game and hearing nothing but the crowd and play on the field.

The R-words aren't going to be good for the 3rd year in a row, me thinks.

Blog Entries

Redskins are cursed.

I'd love to see the Bills beat the Patriots this Sunday....

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Redskins are cursed.

I'd love to see the Bills beat the Patriots this Sunday....
    You know, I was thinking the Patriots were gonna win this Sunday, but with all the crap the Bills are talking...they have to win this game. If the Pats lose Sunday, its no biggie, they always bounce back fine. If the Bills win, holy shit, that could make their season.

Looks like Johnny Football is starting for the Browns out of necessity this week. He actually wasn't that bad week 1, looked like a typical young QB, needs to protect the ball better though. The offense stunk, but I knew they were gonna stink. The defense was a huge disappointment. They made the Jets offense look great. The Jets defense is pretty damn good though.

Blog Entries

Tampa Bay looks pretty damn stupid right now. Winston had two years in college, very little experience. It's only been one week, but man. I wonder if the NFL planned TB/Tenn week 1 matchup?

I honestly thought Manziel was going to be pretty good. It's only been one season, but I don't see him as much more than a backup for several seasons. Who are you picking for the Super Bowl?

I'm going with Cardinals over Colts.

I'm going with Dallas over the Ravens, just to be different. I don't see the Colts making it unless they show they even belong on the same field as the Patriots.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that was my choice before the season started... but that's how it works.

I've only picked two SB matchups in my lifetime:
    Redskins over the Bills (XXVI)
    Broncos over the Seahawks (XLVIII)... right matchup, wrong victor.

I saw an article on ESPN that rated the 2007 Patriots the best team ever (18-0, lost to the Giants in the SB). It was based on ELO ratings. A lot of people get hung up on the fact that they didn't win it all, but damn that was an amazing team. They did beat the Giants in the last week of the regular season. Any given Sunday. The Giants are just awesome for the big game (except for that Ravens blowout).

My top 3 teams are the '85 Bears, '89 Niners, and '07 Pats. In that order. All 3 made ESPN's Elo list top 10, I believe. The '98 Vikings (15-1) would be in the top 10. Unlike the Giants, they just blow the big games. #@!$!

Also, note that these are 'my' top 3 teams and not the top 3 teams of all-time. Didn't see the domination of the 60s Packers or 70s Steelers. I get irritated with people when they say Tom Brady is the GOAT qb. Believe it or not, the NFL existed in the 20th century. I'm done with that dead horse.

Still believe the Vikings can go 10-6 and make the playoffs.
    Last edited by Monkey; 09-19-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Not a licensed attorney Forum Staff Hoody's Avatar

Can't stand the Patriots but if you take that 18-1 team, put that loss at Week 17 instead of the Super bowl, people might change their tunes.
    Yea Nash was defending his wife, from his son. At least no one tore a quad. - Biosynthnut v.2

NFC East is now looking wide open. And Chip Kelly is looking more and more like an idiot.

How 'bout the Jags, Raiders, and Redskins? Quite a few upsets yesterday.

I can't believe people actually think the Ravens were going to the Superbowl, much less the playoffs this year. They are a vastly overrated team, and very well could go 0-4 to start the season. Secondary is garbage, their defense generates no pass rush, and their offense can only carry them so far.

Good win by my Pats yesterday. They threw it a bit more than I would have liked, but the score was not at all indicative of the game. The Bills did all the talking, the Pats didn't have to.