Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th: The game; Cunningham, Savini, Hodder and Manfredini Onboard

Default Friday the 13th: The game; Cunningham, Savini, Hodder and Manfredini Onboard

Last edited by Jason's Storm; 02-17-2016 at 05:50 AM.
    Welcome to prime time, bitch!
    F13 Community's Resident Dream Child fan

Default Re: Friday the 13th video game in development

Given that this is coming from the orange mouth of Cunningham, I'm not holding my breath for it to come to fruition.
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

Member of the Ruling Class Rivers13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah. Grain of salt. But it sounds cool.
    I am a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule!

Sounds like "Evolve" to me, with Jason instead of the giant evolving creatures. I would be sad if it's only a multiplayer/coop game without any solo "survival horror" story ala Alien Isolation (only one monster).

The idea of having one player controling Jason and 12 other players controling various counselors, sheriffs, deputies, soldiers.... (each being a 'race' or a 'job' if compared to RPG games) is clearly interesting in my mind. I hope it won't be too much FBI vs Jason, all-action way. I want a good campfire tale atmosphere on this game.

It would also be disappointed if all the locations of all the movies aren't in the video game. Crystal Lake would be the center of the map and it would be fun to be able to go around it from Camp Crystal Lake to all the other places of the movies, visit the town, go to Higgins Haven....

Then, some multiplayers map could be the boat of JTM, Manhattan and the spaceship of Jason X.

I don't understand why they didn't try to make a Friday the 13th video game on the 7th generation of consoles between 2005 and 2014, where survival horror games are a big trend. Especially in 2009, they could have used the reboot to make a new game.

Well, PS4 and Xbox One will allow more freedom for the developers I guess. So it's for the better we waited. It's time to have a good horror game about Crystal Lake and Jason Voorhees !!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by French Friday View Post
    I would be sad if it's only a multiplayer/coop game without any solo "survival horror" story ala Alien Isolation (only one monster).
    Agreed. Alien had additional enemies (rogue robots, other survivors, face huggers) and evolved during the story to include more aliens. Silent Hill, Resident Evil, etc. had several enemies. I think the concept of having a player-controlled Jason is brilliant, but is enough to sustain a video game? Not much variety or replay value there.

Hope I'm wrong.

Have a hard time imagining they can justify $60 for what is essentially a 2015 version of Pac-Man.
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

I'm willing to bet it won't be $60, and a DLC kind of thing.
    The Clit
    With the flick of his wrist he turns words into melodies, chords into church bells, fill up the allies
    ...lovers intwine in the heat of the night, and by dawn are apart in the shivering silences.

Blog Entries

That would work for me.

The article said it would be across multiple platforms, but everthing has internet access these days. It would be cool to link systems and have a local LAN party, but I doubt that will happen because it's all about using online servers and sucking big brother's cock these days.

Goldeneye for the win!

Nutrition free since '93! Forum Staff Comfy Jeans's Avatar

A gme like Evolve would be rad (speaking of which, I'll be playing that on PS4 with luck. If anyone else gets it for PS4, we have to get together and play it.)

You know what kind of Friday the 13th game I'd like to play? One in the style of the up-coming PS4 exclusive, Until Dawn. If you haven't heard of it check it out. It's a lot like Heavy Rain, but in a slasher film setting. A Friday the 13th game in the same style would be rad.

I think the only other genre that would work is putting you in the role of Jason, Splatterhouse style. Pit Jason against the FBI or make it a Prototype-style game where you're in an open world and causing mayhem.

I hope they bring back Mark and Chrissy.

Who I am is not important... Biosynthnut v.2's Avatar

You all know damn well it could be a steaming pile, hard as balls like the NES version. And we will still buy it.
    Hudson: Well that's great, that's just fuckin' great, man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man...
    Meat + Fire = Yum.

Wow, a 2015 release?
    Has this been in development secretly for a lomg time?
    I assume it'll be thrown together quickly or get delayed ..... hey, just like the movie we are supposed to get!

Added:
    I'm not buying a new console. Maybe it'll be aimed at tablets and mobile devices?

If the game is designed to be an online multiplayer experience like Evolve, there's no way this is a mobile game. Not exclusively anway. I suspect it'll be current gen and previous gen.

Just because it's coming out in 2015 doesn't mean it's been rushed. The guy who plays Goofy for Disney recently tweeted that, as far as he knows, Kingdom Hearts III is due out this year. It was only announced last year, but he claims he's been recording dialog for the game for years.

Point is, just because the game has only just been announced doesn't mean it's only just gone into production. There's a good chance they've been working on it for at least a year. A successful game can be produced in two years or less if the development team knows what they're doing (and if it's running on a pre-existing game engine) , so there's no reason to panic about the quality just yet.

I was interested until the multiplayer part. I prefer single player stuff and it'll suck to miss out on a F13 game because they decide to go multiplayer.

Kevin Yagher MILF Hunter Forum Staff Kat's Avatar

This looks like it will be one of those ideas that will be great, or suck really fucking hard.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @RealKatCooper
    Not Special. Not Different. Just Equal
    FORUM'S RESIDENT LESBIAN
    NATE IS FUCK

When they say "in development" I'm thinking they mean a couple pdople were sitting around with Cunningham and someone said," a video game would be great" and someone else said, "yeah".
    Cunningham said, "lets do it" and that's where they are right now.

I think Cunningham hashed it out with a bag of Cheetos and now there's an article.
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    When they say "in development" I'm thinking they mean a couple pdople were sitting around with Cunningham and someone said," a video game would be great" and someone else said, "yeah".
    Cunningham said, "lets do it" and that's where they are right now.
    Cunningham claims a well known developer is working on the game. I think we'll be able to make better judgment calls about quality and likelihood of release once we know who the developers are.

If this does happen I hope its available on the 360.
    I've waited decades for a new game and if I miss out now I'll be pissed.
    Not pissed enough to buy a new console, though.

What if it's just a remake of the NES version with nicer graphics?
    "I was gambling in Havana/I took a little risk/Send lawyers, guns, and money/Dad, get me out of this."

I loved the nes one

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMeanie View Post
    What if it's just a remake of the NES version with nicer graphics?
    I'm out then. I can't play the NES Friday anymore. It's scarier than any of the movies and I could likely have a heart attack because of it.
    "HOOPER OUT!"

Signing Off... Deranged Psychopath Chex's Avatar

I'm so lame that at least a few times a year I play the Commodore 64 game with those damn cabins that are actually miles long inside.
    But Jamie's character in The Fog was really easy wasn't she? Get in my truck and get in my bed - in that order.
    -Tom Atkins

Lame... or awesome?
    "HOOPER OUT!"

Signing Off... Deranged Psychopath Chex's Avatar

Awesomely lame? Maybe lamely awesome. I'm both and neither. I am the alpha and the omega...wait what?

I will say that at least the Commodore 64 version does have a rather graphic death scene that you can get albeit randomly.

But Jamie's character in The Fog was really easy wasn't she? Get in my truck and get in my bed - in that order.
    -Tom Atkins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chex View Post
    I will say that at least the Commodore 64 version does have a rather graphic death scene that you can get albeit randomly.
    When I played the C64 version I kept thinking, 'I have no idea how to play this game either...'