Thanks Thanks:  7
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Friday the 13th: The game; Cunningham, Savini, Hodder and Manfredini Onboard

Be with your Friends Forum Staff Jason's Storm's Avatar

Default Re: Friday the 13th: The game; Cunningham, Savini, Hodder and Manfredini Onboard

You play on a console don't you? I'm trying on steam.

Default Re: Friday the 13th: The game; Cunningham, Savini, Hodder and Manfredini Onboard

I believe its available for console and PC.
    If i hada console i would have picked this up right away, as it is I'm thinking about getting a console just for this.

Man, Im the worse at everything, cant wait to start using a controller,

~JS
    The use of "~JS" is copyrighted. Using it will result in a severe, bloody anal fisting, you cocksmuts.
    Donate Now!! For a newer better F13 Community.
    Voted The Meanest Mod in the 2009 & 2013 F13: The Community Awards

wow with a controller I wasnt half bad. Still died though
    The use of "~JS" is copyrighted. Using it will result in a severe, bloody anal fisting, you cocksmuts.
    Donate Now!! For a newer better F13 Community.
    Voted The Meanest Mod in the 2009 & 2013 F13: The Community Awards

So I've seen a couple websites posting articles about how the servers couldn't handle the massive influx of players (they melted!) & how this game is just the biggest disappointment thus far of 2017.

I just gotta call bullshit. All I have to go on are the livestreams & let's play videos that I've been watching (& been watching waaaay too much of it), but everything I've seen leads me to believe that people are really enjoying this game, glitches & all.

That, and it sounds like the server issues have been ironed out.

It's definitely not a AAA game. It's a small game made by an indie studio of 17 people on a shoestring budget, & considering all that, they've put together an incredible, fun little game.

Puddle of Horse Blood Forum Staff sickboy's Avatar

Server issues are definitely not resolved - you have to use LFG and it's a bit of a pain.

I've had it crash me out of the game multiple times even after the patch, connection issues abound... it's not good. It's not just volume of users- a lot of stuff was just straight-up broken. The kickstarter exclusive Savini Jason killed every session I got in to on day 1.

Gameplay-wise it's amazing.

If anyone is looking for players on xbox one throw me an invite: Alpha Centurius

I will make it because I dream Westin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have heard that the game is very disappointing. Crashes all the time. Sony wanted to sell something (skins?) and the production said "hey, you can't do that."

It looks very disorganized thus far.
    "Where the hell am I supposed to find silver bullets? K-mart?"
    --The Monster Squad

Modern horror doesn't impress me much.
    Kindly put on your rose-tinted glasses before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
    Server issues are definitely not resolved - you have to use LFG and it's a bit of a pain.

I've had it crash me out of the game multiple times even after the patch, connection issues abound... it's not good. It's not just volume of users- a lot of stuff was just straight-up broken. The kickstarter exclusive Savini Jason killed every session I got in to on day 1.

Gameplay-wise it's amazing.

If anyone is looking for players on xbox one throw me an invite: Alpha Centurius
    Quote Originally Posted by Westin View Post
    I have heard that the game is very disappointing. Crashes all the time. Sony wanted to sell something (skins?) and the production said "hey, you can't do that."

It looks very disorganized thus far.
    Yeah the consoles have been a bit of mess. I play the game on PC and the game has been fairly solid since the patch which we got the day after Memorial Day if I remember. Unfortunately console patches require certification so they came much later than steam.

Wes, the co-founder for Gun Media, made the estimate of 30k on day one release. This was based on pre-orders(which was only available on steam) + backer purchases and they tripled the number. However on day one they got 70k+ players so yeah it melted the servers pretty hard. They had to upgrade the servers and completely re-code how the game used the database. And since it was Memorial Day weekend their hands were a bit tied on consoles with Sony and Microsoft being ghost towns. Then some bonehead at Sony decided to make the Savini Jason purchasable on the store yesterday when it shouldn't have. It's since been taken down. The devs just can't seem to catch a break.

I don't think it's very fair to write up a review on server problems when every single game ever made has had server issues with multiplayer but that's just the way it is. As it stands right now the game is pretty amazing and fun. Especially if you join or setup private matches.

Eagerly anticipating what Single Player will be like and all the extra goodies and DLC they have planned.

The Party Never Stops CosmoBubba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westin View Post
    Sony wanted to sell something (skins?) and the production said "hey, you can't do that."
    The Jason skin designed by Tom Savini was supposed to be exclusive to the people who donated on Kickstarter and BackerKit. When Sony made it available for them to download, they also put it up for sale in the PlayStation store for the general public against Gun Media's wishes. Gun Media made them take it down since it wasn't supposed to be there.
    "Now I'd like two eggs, over hard. I know, don't tell me; it's hard on the arteries, but old habits die hard, just about as hard as I want those eggs. Bacon, super-crispy. Almost burned. Cremated. That's great. And, I'll have the grapefruit juice, just as long as those grapefruits are freshly squeezed."

Presenting the Retro LJN Jason skin available June 20th.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

Puddle of Horse Blood Forum Staff sickboy's Avatar

I think releasing the retro Jason skin and free CP is a good way to thank people for their patience.

There's a lot of people crying out for Savini Jason to be released but I think that will just irritate backers who pledged on Kickstarter. But then I would say that as I have Savini Jason. He looks cool but is actually a little hard to use.

Proud bachelor and childfree. Chucky's back's Avatar

Surprised so many requested this design. I thought the old NES game was almost universally hated.
    Check out my comics here
    To me, the bottom line is that fan theories don't count. They're just excuses for the show's plot holes. The people writing the films are the ones that need to explain it, not the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky's back View Post
    Surprised so many requested this design. I thought the old NES game was almost universally hated.
    It is indeed. But there's a certain nostalgia for the old NES game that's built up over the decades. And the recent NECA figure that was released initially as an exclusive for the San Diego Comic Com at first, then through regular channels, was a fan favorite among collectors, including myself.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

14. Thanks Monkey thanked for this post

Does anyone know what happens if all the counselors survive? Any different dialogue from Jason's mom or anything?

Not sure ... I have yet to survive. Lol

Lol & I have yet to see anyone make it out with their entire crew intact.

I think it's something like "it's ok Jason, come to mommy" or something along those lines. I think she says it if the majority survives, like 3 out of 7. I don't think it's any different if Jason gets zero kills but I've rarely seen a zero kill Jason.

Just saw it happen on someone's YouTube channel. It was a bunch of experienced counselors vs a new Jason, & they all either escaped or ran out the clock.

Sadly, nothing changed. Still had the same animation at the end with Mrs. Voorhees saying one of her standard lines. Oh well. Mystery solved at least.

So I've heard a few of the Pamela tapes & there was something in them that I wanted to get people's take on.

Pamela says that Elias was not the father of Jason. That she was raped & has no idea who the father is.
    I'm a little torn on this. I like the simplicity of the original story: here's a normal mom with a deformed kid. She goes crazy after he drowns.
    The Pamela tapes add an extra layer of tragedy to the origin that I'm not sure is needed. Though I have to admit I kinda like that it adds a bit of mystery to Jason, since we no longer know who his real dad is.

The other thing though, is that it seems to establish that Pamela was already a little crazy even before Jason drowned, which I don't especially like. It robs the story of the importance of this event a little if they say she was ready to snap & Jason drowning was the final straw that pushed her from mild crazy to psycho crazy.

What do you guys think?

21. Thanks Monkey thanked for this post
    I will make it because I dream Westin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the concept and think it is refreshing. They have done something similar to Leatherface.
    "Where the hell am I supposed to find silver bullets? K-mart?"
    --The Monster Squad

Modern horror doesn't impress me much.
    Kindly put on your rose-tinted glasses before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Cell View Post
    So I've heard a few of the Pamela tapes & there was something in them that I wanted to get people's take on.

Pamela says that Elias was not the father of Jason. That she was raped & has no idea who the father is.
    I'm a little torn on this. I like the simplicity of the original story: here's a normal mom with a deformed kid. She goes crazy after he drowns.
    The Pamela tapes add an extra layer of tragedy to the origin that I'm not sure is needed. Though I have to admit I kinda like that it adds a bit of mystery to Jason, since we no longer know who his real dad is.

The other thing though, is that it seems to establish that Pamela was already a little crazy even before Jason drowned, which I don't especially like. It robs the story of the importance of this event a little if they say she was ready to snap & Jason drowning was the final straw that pushed her from mild crazy to psycho crazy.

What do you guys think?
    I always prefered simpe idea of Pam was a normal mom who may have been abandoned and became over protective and Jason's death pushed her over the edge.
    I've always disliked the idea that Elias was evil or an abusive asshole and/or Jason was born evil.
    The simplicity of what little we knew made it tragic enough.