Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aquaman (2 scripts, 1 movie)

strikes like Thunderball Forum Staff Cody's Avatar

Default Aquaman (2 scripts, 1 movie)

2 scripts enter, 1 gets filmed

Will Beall and Kurt Johnstad are sleeping with the fishes.

The scribes are writing — separately — scripts for Aquaman, one of the installments in Warner Bros.’ multimovie scheme to create a cinematic universe based on the DC Entertainment characters.

Aquaman is being developed on dual tracks, where studios and producers hire two separate writers to work on the same project in the hopes of getting the best version. The practice allows for release dates to be set while a project is still in development while giving it a muscular push. Warners needs just that as last week it dated nine untitled DC movies between 2016 and 2020.

Warners is not revealing which one of those will be Aquaman, but the first untitled DC movie is due for release on Aug. 5, 2016, with two more due in 2017, on June 23 and Nov. 17, respectively.

Jason Momoa is widely acknowledged as having secured the role of Aquaman in Warners’ DC cinematic universe, although Warners had not yet officially confirmed the casting.

Both Beall and Johnstad are part of Warners’ familiar stable of scribes.

Beall wrote Gangster Squad for the studio and worked on a version of Justice League before the project was made part of the DC movie tapestry. The writer, who is repped by CAA, Management 360 and McKuin Frankel, also penned episodes of TV’s Castle.

Johnstad, repped by WME and Untitled, is a Snyder favorite, having worked on the director’s 300 and the recent Snyder-produced 300: Rise of an Empire.
    Life Between Frames: Filmmaking & film appreciation blog. Guest contributors welcome!

Default Re: Aquaman (2 scripts, 1 movie)

My cousin thinks Aquaman is supposed to be in Batman v Superman.

???
    Henry Swanson' my name, and excitement's my game!
    Member of: ž Cult Of Thorn ž | F13th's Christians | Bakers Dozen| Nuke Banantulas
    Worst Thread: The Man Thread, F13 Short Story Winner

Nutrition free since '93! Forum Staff Comfy Jeans's Avatar

That's the rumor, yes. Word is he's got a bone to pick with Clark over what happened in the Indian Ocean in Man of Steel.

Momoa is a solid change in image for Aquaman.

Drago learns to swim.

He looks a lot more like the Submariner than Aquaman

I liked it better when it was just a batman meets superman film. Sounds like this is going to be a big ass cluster f of a DC movie like the Wolverine movie was. We already have Wonder Woman and Cyborg. If these Aquaman rumors end up being true, my nerd chub just lost its thickness.
    Member of: ž Cult Of Thorn ž | F13th's Christians | Bakers Dozen| Nuke Banantulas

I assume you mean the first Wolverine movie (which was indeed a clusterfuck) and not the second.
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

Presumably, most of these other characters are glorified cameos.

Yeah the origins movie. Haven't seen the second one yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

First official pic of Jason Momoa as Aquaman.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

ugly is the first word that comes to mind. is Aquaman suppose to look like an extra from 300? id rather have Adam Sandler dressed as Scuba Steve.

General reaction to the look has been positive as far as I can tell. I think it's a bit more warrior bent to his general 90s look:

Minus the hook/harpoon hand, of course.
    "Sometimes you have to do something stupid to get results!" - X-Ray
    X-Ray & Vav

i am Saw is literally the first person I have seen react negatively to Aquaman's look.

Personally I think it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow345 View Post
    i am Saw is literally the first person I have seen react negatively to Aquaman's look.
    Honestly, me too. I've seen a nitpick here or there, but nobody who's overwhelmingly negative.
    "Sometimes you have to do something stupid to get results!" - X-Ray
    X-Ray & Vav

I like the look, despite Aquaman not being blond there as I'm used to. I can do with a black haired Aquaman. The "armor" looks good. As a whole I think the character's look is totally respected.

I didn't realize Rob Zombie was playing Aquaman!
    Baker: "Joseph P. Brenner. What does the P stand for?"
    Kaminsky: "Pussy."

^ i know, right? he looks like a muscle bound jock douchebag who is getting ready to steal some nerds lunch money. is he and his movie going to be "fun", like Ironman, Thor, etc? i cant picture that jolly green giant lookin clown hanging around the Avengers, crackin jokes and just chillin like they do. are you sure that poster isnt for The Beastmaster remake?

I'm a bit disappointed by Aquaman's look, but at the same time I'm not terribly surprised by it. For some reason, I wasn't expecting them to change Momoa's look too much and they haven't. But, I wish they had tried harder to make him look like Aquaman. The long hair and beard are fine, but at least make them more of a sandy brown, and give him the costume he wears in the current comics. It's no more ridiculous than many other Superhero costumes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by i am SAW View Post
    ^ i know, right? he looks like a muscle bound jock douchebag who is getting ready to steal some nerds lunch money. is he and his movie going to be "fun", like Ironman, Thor, etc? i cant picture that jolly green giant lookin clown hanging around the Avengers, crackin jokes and just chillin like they do. are you sure that poster isnt for The Beastmaster remake?
    Didn't Warner Brothers put out some memo that their superhero films were supposed to stay away from the joke making in order to differentiate the DC flicks from the Marvel flicks ? Although the crack some were making in regard to this pic of Momoa as Arthur is, "Go ahead. Make that joke about me being the guy who talks to fish." I couldn't see anyone going up to him like in the first issue of the current book if he looked like that.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

I don't have strong feelings about Aquaman one way or another, but in general I think it looks alright. Kind of wish there was a little more color to the look, but then that's my one basic complaint about the original Wonder Woman promotional still as well (and even that looked a lot better when the un-filtered version was released and there was a lot more color in the outfit).

Things are going fast and furious on the directing front with the F7 director ,James Wan, being ogled to helm the story of Arthur Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by On a Pale Horse View Post
    He looks a lot more like the Submariner than Aquaman
    I always thought Momoa looked more like Lobo, than either Aquaman, or Namor.

Anywho, James Wan is now officially on board to direct the Aqua-Flick.

WAAAAAAAAAN POWER
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

I'm happy good ol' Aquaman is getting a movie, but I don't think it's going to be that popular.
    He's back... The man behind the mask...
    And he's out of control!