Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skull Island - Universal's next King Kong film

Default Skull Island - Universal's next King Kong film

In addition to the Godzilla sequel announcements at SDCC, Universal has also confirmed a new King Kong film for November 4 2016. Bottom of article.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...rns-to-direct/

Default Re: Skull Island - Universal's next King Kong film

I gotta admit, this announcement came out of nowhere. It sounds silly but I can't help but think they're setting up another King Kong vs. Godzilla.

I'm always down for more Kong though.

Except King Kong Lives. Not that.
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

Anything's gotta be better than the last King Kong movie we got.
    Facebook.
    wesr @ hotmail .com

strikes like Thunderball Forum Staff Cody's Avatar

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121151

Being written by Godzilla's Max Borenstein, with the directing gig offered to Attack the Block's Joe Cornish.
    Life Between Frames: Filmmaking & film appreciation blog. Guest contributors welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121151

Being written by Godzilla's Max Borenstein, with the directing gig offered to Attack the Block's Joe Cornish.
    A hint towards the purpose of rebooting King Kong?

A King Kong Vs Godzilla film planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow345 View Post
    A hint towards the purpose of rebooting King Kong?

A King Kong Vs Godzilla film planned?
    One could hope. But I think Godzilla is still being held stateside by Werner Brothers at the moment, the long awaited rematch still won't be happening. But with Legendary behind both productions ,and two studios have joined forces before on various projects. So I might be remiss in totally throwing it out the window.

Anywho, looking forward to this take on the other King of the Monsters, and focusing on Skull Island as this film looks like it's doing. Seem like they read the suggestion box, or bitch list about Jackson's take on it where people thought they should've spent more time on Kong's home instead of the trudging through Great Depression Era New York.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

"Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

Default Re: KONG:Skull Island - Universal's next King Kong film

A change on the release date and the film's title. First the release date has been pushed back to March 10, 2017. And the title has been changed to KONG:SKULL ISLAND.

Default Re: KONG:Skull Island - Universal's next King Kong film

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    A change on the release date and the film's title. First the release date has been pushed back to March 10, 2017. And the title has been changed to KONG:SKULL ISLAND.
    They should have called it "Kong : The Secret of Monkey Island"..... Oh, sorry, this monkey is not a three-headed one, that would be for the sequel. Let's stay with Skull Island so.

They had to re-title because they thought people wouldn't understand the connection between King Kong and Skull Island?

Now the current title doesn't flow.

If they're gonna retitle it not to confuse people, they might as well just call it "Kong."
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

Signing Off... Deranged Psychopath Chex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natman View Post
    If they're gonna retitle it not to confuse people, they might as well just call it "Kong."
    But then they won't know where it takes place.
    But Jamie's character in The Fog was really easy wasn't she? Get in my truck and get in my bed - in that order.
    -Tom Atkins

Or if it's related to Donkey Kong.

Just call it "King Kong : Skull Island" for everyone to know what it is about.

Juno's dad plus Kong? Fuck yeah.
    "HOOPER OUT!"

JJJ on a quest for the Daily Bugle ?

Hearing's he's been cast in something is always good news.
    I was actually at Woodstock. That was a weird gig. I fed off a flower-person, and I spent the next six hours watching my hand move
    -Spike

I wonder if this is going to be a prequel to Peter Jackson's KING KONG, or the original.

Why do you assume it'll be connected with anything?
    "HOOPER OUT!"

Why make a prequel, set in a different continuity?

But anyway, we all know they are setting up a giant King Kong to later fight Legendary Godzilla.

King Kong's such a well-known figure that you can do a "prequel" and still not have it really connect to any previously told story. Plenty of movies have done this.

Oh, the Horror! - All Decades, All Sub-Genres!

Balls Academy - Your Alma mater for teen films, raunchy, low-brow comedies, sexploitation & coming of age dramas.
    EFilmCritic - reviews of everything else

But anyway, we all know they are setting up a giant King Kong to later fight Legendary Godzilla.
    Good god, what a snore that will be. Maybe not as much Kong, but Legendary's Godzilla moves SOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking sloooooooooooow. He makes the sluggish Heisei Godzilla seem light on his feet. It takes him forever to freakin' turn around.

Battle of the century? Perhaps if there were no other battles that century.
    "HOOPER OUT!"

Also, every version except the Japanese Kong has not even been the size of Godzilla's foot.