Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cult Of Chucky (Child's Play 7)

Default Re: Child's Play 7 (or ______ of Chucky)

Tis the season for giving and right now Don Mancini is giving Child’s Play fans the gift of anticipation as he continues to tease us mercilessly from Canada.

Mancini once again took to Twitter to post the following image of the brand new production office for the 7th incarnation of Chucky!

Oh yes, kids! Everyone’s favorite bad Good Guy is well on his way!

Quote Originally Posted by i am SAW View Post
    @ Nat, theyre filming a Chucky movie, but didnt havd a Chucky doll on set, but they had a Glen doll on set? just seems odd.

at the end of Seed, Tiffany performed the curse. she is now in Tilly's body, and Glen's split personality were in 2 kids who were like 10 in the final scene. alot of people forget, Chucky currently has a wife and TWO kids who are all human. Mancini said he was bringing back the family. i thought that meant the human kids. i just dont see how human Glen and Glenda would both be put back in the same doll. this is gonna be confusing.
    Oh. No no no no, that's not quite it. Sorry for misleading. Storyboarding happens well before production. This wasn't on set. Movies undergo a period of pre-production to get everything straightened out and planned before actually shooting so that shooting goes as quickly as possible. My guess is for something like this, a lower budget production, shooting is only going to take a couple of months if that, maybe a couple of weeks.

Production only began today, or sometime during the last few days. So, what that picture was, was a storyboard photo to help determine a shot with the cinematographer, just to get the composition down so they know exactly how they're going to shoot that scene. My guess is it was taken in Mancini's house or office, not on set, and they used a doll that they had lying around to essentially be a stand in to get an idea of what they actual shot is going to look like when they film it.
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

bad news and good news.

bad news: going straight to dvd. not surprising, but still sucks.

good news: it has a NEW TITLE and synopsis,

and Andy Barclay (Alex Vincent) is BAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Cult of Chucky is officially described as follows: “Confined to an asylum for the criminally insane for the past four years, Nica Pierce (Fiona Dourif) is erroneously convinced that she, not Chucky, murdered her entire family. But when her psychiatrist introduces a new therapeutic “tool” to facilitate his patients’ group sessions — an all-too-familiar “Good Guy” doll with an innocently smiling face — a string of grisly deaths begins to plague the asylum, and Nica starts to wonder if maybe she isn’t crazy after all. Andy Barclay (Alex Vincent), Chucky’s now-grown-up nemesis from the original Child’s Play, races to Nica’s aid. But to save her he’ll have to get past Tiffany (Oscar®-nominee Jennifer Tilly), Chucky’s long-ago bride, who will do anything, no matter how deadly or depraved, to help her beloved devil doll.”

(Remember, it will actually be "Tiffany" who possessed Tilly's body at the end of Seed. which makes me wonder if the kids will be part of the film too? also isn't it kind of pathetic Chucky has been trying to possess a human body for 6 films and failed, but Tiffany was able to do it the very first time she tried? lol.)

teaser trailer: all old footage, but it's still cool,

Default Re: Cult Of Chucky (Child's Play 7)

For a "cult", they'll need more than one person. So, apart Tiffany, who will worship Chucky in this movie ? Or does "cult" mean the therapy group in the asylum using the Good Guy as a tool ? We'll see.

Well, the synopsis sounds good for a Chucky movie. I'm not fan of "asylums" in movies, except for ANOES 3, but I like the fact the story seems to continue without going too far from the previous movie each time. Even if sometimes, I would love to see a reboot without Tiffany anywhere, kinda a new direct sequel to CP2, but well, I'll enjoy that 7th for sure !

NEW PICS!!!

uh-oh @ the very last pic. hmm?...

http://ihorror.com/cult-chucky-film/

I will make it because I dream Westin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It'll be fun seeing Jennifer Tily playing herself again.
    "Where the hell am I supposed to find silver bullets? K-mart?"
    --The Monster Squad

Modern horror doesn't impress me much.
    Kindly put on your rose-tinted glasses before reading my posts.

only she won't. Jennifer Tilly was possessed by Tiffany.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this before, or anyone else has,

but isn't Seed Of Chucky kind of like Blair Witch 2 Book Of Shadows, kinda?

Seed starts out showing the crew making a Chucky movie, making the Chucky dolls move, and has Jennifer Tilly as herself, playing the actress "from the Chucky movie".

so doesn't that mean, in Seed, the first 4 movies were actually just "movies"? but then "Chucky and Tiffany come to life in the real world, and the movies became a reality"? basically Seed is a movie about horror movies coming to life. and Charles Lee Ray was a fictional character???

it's almost like New Nightmare, the actors are playing themselves, talking about the previous films as movies.

so really, Seed didn't keep continuity, did it? but at the same time it did. because somehow the baby that Tiffany shot out at the end of Bride, was alive in reality in Chucky. so that doesn't make sense does it? if they were making movies about the movies being "fake movies". how did Glen carry into the Seed movie, but yet Jennifer Tilly was a normal actress just playing the voice of Tiffany? then the doll she had voiced, became real, then possessed her body and she gave birth to Chucky's 2 human babies.

the "Tilly" we see at the end of Curse, is actually not "Tilly". it's Tiffany, who went from real person played by Tilly, then into doll, then into the real Jennifer Tilly. and at this point, the "real" Jennifer Tilly is basically dead, since she's possessed by a fictional doll that she originally played the voice of.

holy shit, that's making my brain hurt.
    Last edited by i am SAW; 01-10-2017 at 08:14 PM.

I will make it because I dream Westin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was under the impression that Tiffany stole Tily's identity, too.
    "Where the hell am I supposed to find silver bullets? K-mart?"
    --The Monster Squad

Modern horror doesn't impress me much.
    Kindly put on your rose-tinted glasses before reading my posts.

Kevin Yagher MILF Hunter Forum Staff Kat's Avatar

I wish Christine Elise and Catherine Hicks were coming back.

However, this looks like it will be fun.

Haha, I was just thinking, wasn't Tiffany's last name Valentine? That was the last name of Elise's character on 90210
    Last edited by Kat; 01-11-2017 at 03:06 AM. Reason: adding something i forgot
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @RealKatCooper
    Not Special. Not Different. Just Equal
    FORUM'S RESIDENT LESBIAN
    NATE IS FUCK

SAW, take a break with your brain ! It's much more simple than that. Between Bride and Seed, movies were made about the stories/legend of Charles Lee Ray and the killer doll. They're like the Amityville movies, you see. And as Jennifer Tilly looked like Tiffany, they cast her to play her part in their own adaptation of Bride. And we arrive in Seed with a new movie to be made, now a totally original story, like Amityville 3 and other sequels.... Yeah, compare that to Amityville. In real life, the murders happened in that house. A new family moved in. They escaped after a few weeks, claiming there were demons in there, exactly like the killer was claiming to defend himself. And so, movies were made about that version of the story, the one where demons really exist.

We, the audience, know the killer doll is real from 1 to 4, but for the movie universe, it was always just a legend, "a" version of the story. And they adapt movies from that version.

Well, my brain has to take a break too.

there's an official teaser, it's actually on the blu-ray for The Bye Bye Man. weird, because it's just old clips, but it's showcasing the legacy and the fact there's an all new movie coming. here it is...

Sounds like another far reaching pile of......