Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Marvel/Netflix The Defenders series event (DD, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones)

Default Re: Marvel/Netflix The Defenders series event (DD, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jone

Luke Cage for sure takes place after Jessica Jones. There are a few references to her as 'his ex,' at one point someone refers to her by name, and Claire and Luke know each other (sort of) in this series, when she was introduced to him at the end of Jessica Jones. When she tells Luke who she is, he thanks her for saving his life after Jessica shot him in the head, which was something that happened at the end of JJ season one. Claire also openly talks about quitting the hospital during Daredevil season two, and discusses her confrontation with the Hand with her mother in the diner.
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

Default Re: Marvel/Netflix The Defenders series event (DD, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jone

Quote Originally Posted by Natman View Post
    Luke Cage for sure takes place after Jessica Jones. There are a few references to her as 'his ex,' at one point someone refers to her by name, and Claire and Luke know each other (sort of) in this series, when she was introduced to him at the end of Jessica Jones. When she tells Luke who she is, he thanks her for saving his life after Jessica shot him in the head, which was something that happened at the end of JJ season one. Claire also openly talks about quitting the hospital during Daredevil season two, and discusses her confrontation with the Hand with her mother in the diner.
    Thank you. I'm currently rewatching DD season 1 and I'll rewatch JJ after that, to have a more clear vision of all that in my mind.

In Luke Cage, I just had the feeling it was his first appearance story-wise. Just escaped from prison, found a job at Pop's, and another one as a barman. And it was kinda logical for him to get his own bar in JJ next. Don't remember how JJ ends for Luke.

Maybe I was confused by the fact they were saying LC takes place before an episode of DD season 2 (the one you're talking about with Claire), and I surely heard at that time "also before JJ, as DD 2 is set just after JJ" but it wasn't what was said.

I think everything will be clearer in my mind as soon as Iron Fist and the Defenders will be out, as well as Agents of Shield season 2 and 3 on DVD, just for me to have the whole 2014/2015/2016 stories at home (if Iron Fist and Defenders take place around JJ 1 DD 2 and LC 1 as well, or years later...)

Finished DD season 1, second time. Always a great series. Every character shines in this season, from every side. Fisk, James, Nobu, Leland, the chinese woman (don't remember her name exactly, Garu or Something like that ?) are way above everyone in the Luke Cage season, evil side, who are kinda pale versions of them. I see a parallel between Fisk's youth with a dumb and violent father and Cottonmouth's youth with a dumb and violent mother. But for Fisk, it works, while for Cottonmouth, it's just irritating. Don't know exactly why. When I'll rewatch Luke Cage a second time, I'll understand better my feelings.

The "good" side is equal in both series but in Luke Cage, there's not enough of what would have been the "Foggy/Karen/Matt" of that series : "Pop/Misty/Luke" because of.... you know. That's a shame.

I'll watch JJ season 1 again in december, after the first 10 episodes of Agents of SHIELD season 2 (time of the DVD release in France), as it seems the perfect place to set it. Read a website with an interesting timeline I want to try to see if it works.

It sets DD season 1 after Guardians of the Galaxy and before AoS 2, so I would say september 2014.
    Then the first part of AoS 2.
    Then JJ season 1 in what would be november 2014.
    Then the second part of AoS 2.
    One year later, we would get the first part of AoS 3.
    Then DD season 2, till Christmas 2015. That would leave one year between both seasons, as in the broadcast.
    Then Luke Cage season 1, parallal to DD season 2, because each season can't be stopped between episodes to see the other series. That would break the flow of the stories.
    I can see that working.

Now I was thinking about 2017 and there should be 3 Netflix series : Iron Fist, Defenders and Punisher. I suppose Punisher will end the year in november with Defenders at the end of the summer or september ?

I'm very happy with 2017 having 3 movies and 3 Netflix series, at least. The quality is always there. The MCU is really like the 60s Stan Lee's Marvel Age, modernized and adapted to the screen. I'm now just anxious about Avengers 3 and 4 which have a very tough job to do : end the first chapter of the MCU the best as possible, to give it a sense of closure, before opening things for a new era.

Seen Iron Fist. Better than Luke Cage (which was a rip-off of DD season 1 and killed its best character after only 3 episodes). Jessica Jones was better written and acted, but was too much depressive, too dark for my taste. This Iron Fist is much more lighthearted, with a very positive hero. It's just below DD, but not that far. It just lacks the chemistry between Nelson & Murdock & Page. Colleen is wonderfully beautiful. Claire Temple as good as always. The storyline with the Hand makes it DD season 3. (Spring 2015, Spring 2016, Spring 2017, there is a logic.) The Meachum family is not as interesting as the Kingpin or Killgrave but at least they're not a copy. There was something new in the atmosphere of that series. The fights were cool. Not enough "Jackie Chan" to my taste, but I love the skills and styles of the fights. I love the asian spirit.

Now it's clear that the crossover is called The Defenders because there are lawyers everywhere in the 4 series. Makes sense.

I see also a parallal : 2 Iron Man, 1 Hulk, 1 Thor, 1 Cap America then Avengers. 2 DD, 1 JJ, 1 Cage, 1 Iron Fist then Defenders. Near 2020/2025, they should make an Avengers/Defenders movie to end Phase 4 or 5. For now, I pray for Claire Temple to appear in Avengers 3 or 4. She's destined to meet every super hero out there !

It was a great idea to broadcast Iron Fist AFTER the release of Doctor Strange, with all the mysticism and magic presented here. I say it again, but Marvel/Disney knows how to do their job. Even if the movies and series are two different production teams, their ideas make sense.

There's just ONE BIG PROBLEM in the Netflix series : their length. 13 episodes are too long. The same story could be told in 8 episodes with a better rythm, with less filler scenes. The Defenders and its 8 episodes will surely work better. They start great, they end great. There are great scenes all over the season. But sometimes, I got bored. They should write the 13 episodes, then ask themselves : "how can we reduce that to 8 episodes ?"

Because for now, the rewatchability is very low.

I'm now waiting for the Defenders (I suppose it will be november, maybe october). Many movies to see before that. After The Defenders, they should do an "Heroes for Hire" series instead of a season 2 for Cage and Fist. (I know JJ season 2 has already been shot.) If not, there will be too many series out there. With The Punisher, Cloak & Dagger, The Inhumans.... Cage, Fist and Jones in one series would make sense for the future.

Did I say that Colleen was wonderfully beautiful ?

I think, because of the critical reception toward Iron Fist and the fact that Luke Cage felt like such a one-time thing, like its own indie movie, that instead of second seasons for those shows we'll see a Power Man & Iron Fist series, maybe leading into Heroes for Hire. Jessica Jones will definitely have a second season, though it hasn't been shot yet.

I don't think there will be too many shows because Cloak & Dagger, The Inhumans and the upcoming X-Men series won't be on Netflix, so it won't get overstuffed.

It's a lot, sure. But I actually think it's much easier for Marvel to balance several series because of the Netflix shows and the fact that they're released all at once.

DC's currently balancing Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, Gotham, Lucifer and iZombie and all of those are shows with long seasons that air over the course of months and months, each one a full year's worth of work, so I have no idea how they do that. I think Marvel's got it much easier in that regard.

I also enjoyed Iron Fist way more than most other critics seemed to. But Danny's always been one of my favorite characters, and I was just pinching myself, amazed that an Iron Fist TV show was even real.
    If Atkins was here... he'd have two chicks in one hand and a beer in the other, and I know exactly what he'd tell you. He'd say "shut the fuck up, Spanky, I'm trying to score." And it would be true. Because Atkins has faith in two things: his mustache and his cock (yet to be disproven as two separate things) and if we all live with even a quarter of that Atkinness, then we have succeeded in life...

I finished Iron Fist yesterday, i enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't as good as Daredeil's 2 seasons, but so far nothing has been.
    I would raye it as good as Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
    I don't see why this one was rated so poorly by the critics.
    I'm glad the actiin in this was more like DD and less like the ither two shows.

Natman, concerning JJ, I read a few months ago that season 2 was shot back-to-back with The Defenders. Maybe it was a fake rumor.

As for the "not too many series", I agree that the fact the Netflix seasons are released like one big movie allowed Marvel to make more of them, like 4 per year, would be possible. It would always be 3 months to wait between two seasons, so enough time to be ready for another one. I'm watching Arrow on Netflix too, but 24 episodes are really, really too long for a series like that, with one story per season and not the "monster of the week" kind of series. I started Gotham but watched only the first two episodes. Too dark. Too depressive. And no character as interesting as Killgrave or Jessica Jones, to compare to another "too dark" series. I'm waiting for Flash and Supergirl to arrive on Netflix, if they arrive there one day.

3 Marvel movies, 3 Netflix series, Agents of SHIELD, Cloak & Dagger, Inhumans (hoping those last two will stay at 8 episodes max per year or work as mini-series, like the Netflix series), that's enough for me. That's why they need to fusion Cage, Fist and Jones for 2019 (2018 will have JJ season 2). DD, Heroes for Hire, then a third "one-season only" series like Punisher, that would allow more novelty each year, without having "too many series".

In the 90s, Marvel created with Venom the concept of a regular "mini-series". There was an issue each month, but it was mini-series after mini-series. That's kinda how Netflix works and I like that. There's no DD this year, he's in Defenders, and his slot of Spring is used by Iron Fist. That way, it's more like an "event" when the season arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't see why this one was rated so poorly by the critics.
    I don't understand either. There was an article in a french newspaper last friday about the "end of the super heroes" based on that low rating of Iron Fist. (It was already dumb to judge the whole super heroe era by the Netflix series which have a very different tone compared to the movies, and Doctor Strange, the last movie released, was another big success for Marvel so I don't see where the end is.)

I would say that Danny Rand is a positive character. DD is an iconic hero, he's well-known, as is the Kingpin, so there's no question why it's a successful series. But Jessica Jones was a very very dark and depressive series. And Cage was very dark and depressive too. Both were obviously loved by critics because critics love dark and gritty. Critics love dark stories where everyone is a villain or suicidal or where's the hero is not a hero, doesn't want to be a hero, and Cage and JJ give them that. Exactly. Plus sex.

Iron Fist was a positive story. A lighthearted hero, with doubts because of what he uncovers during the show about Kun Lun and The Hand, but always guided by the Good. Someone who wants to help people, contrary to Cage who helps, sure, but who essentially wants to be left alone, who is a "reluctant hero", as Jessica Jones.

And I think that's why the critics are hard on Iron Fist, because it was not your usual Netflix Marvel series, set in the darkness of the streets. The mysticism and magic is also a point that put Iron Fist in the clouds instead of the ground.

But you can't stay always in the darkness, and more seasons like JJ 1 and LC 1 would be too much. I know I'm in a minority. I prefer light over dark. I want heroes with weakness and doubts, but heroes who want to be heroes. Who want to help humanity to rise. Help them to reach peace.

Critics prefer darkness.

Critics prefer darkness.
    That's not really true, though, because I'm not sure any superhero movies in recent memory have been more heavily slammed by the critics than the recent DC films, which are notorious (at least in the US) for being the darkest, most gritty adaptations of any superhero material, completely devoid of any sense of happiness or hope. That might not have been the way it was taken globally, but that was 99% of the critical reaction to Batman v Superman.

The Marvel films are widely considered to be almost too overwhelmingly light and positive (which is certainly a generalization, because I think Captain America: Civil War as well as Winter Soldier are very dark in places) and the Marvel Netflix shows were designed as a way to prove that Marvel could actually go dark, because most people assumed they were incapable of that. But the Marvel films are considered far lighter and are by and large far more critically acclaimed than the DC films.

While I'd like to be proven wrong, I'm not sure DC will make another movie in the next decade that will be as critically praised as The Lego Batman Movie. Critics are very quick to come down on something for being overwhelmingly dark, which is why movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool have been some of the most critically praised comic book movies in recent years.

Maybe Natman, maybe. But I read everywhere that Marvel movies are just dumb blockbusters made for money while DC movies are real movies (badly made, but real) made for art. They just failed because of bad casting, bad acting, bad writing, bad editing... That's kinda a problem for critics who would like to say DC is better than Marvel (because darker), but they can't because the last DC movies failed artistically while Marvel movies are artistically very well done (good casting, good acting, good writing, good editing....) That's the feeling I have when I read reviews.

I don't know, clearly. But the critics welcome the Netflix series because they were dark. So with Netflix, they could now love Marvel too, without being ashamed.

As for GotG and DeadPool, they were "politically incorrect" and have "bad guys" for heroes. And sex for DP. The perfect recipe for critics to love them. GotG is more lighthearted but they're a team of... scoundrels. See the teaser for DP2 shown before Logan : DP is clearly not "positive" in any way. He's dark and gritty. Violent. Sure it's comedy, but dark comedy. And it's R rated ! Critics love R rated movies !

Iron Fist is a real positive hero. That's the difference. Too nice maybe.

At least that's how I understand the bad reviews on Iron Fist.

Because if it's not for that lighthearted tone, I don't understand why Luke Cage was well received and not Iron Fist.

Full on trailer for THE DFENDERS, hitting Netflix August 18.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

12. Thanks French Friday thanked for this post
    Not a licensed attorney Forum Staff Hoody's Avatar

This looks very exciting.
    Yea Nash was defending his wife, from his son. At least no one tore a quad. - Biosynthnut v.2

In 2012 there was the battle of NY in the sky.

In 2017 there is the battle of NY in the streets.

With only 8 episodes, I'm sure the rythm will be better than the 13-episode seasons. And it will be great to see all those great characters interacting to each other. Not only the 4 heroes but also all their secondary characters, everyone being assembled there. Like 10 or more exciting characters united on screen.

Also, this marks the end of "phase 1" for Netflix, so we'll enter into the unknown. During 3 years, we had origin stories for everyone. Now everyone is introduced, Netflix can go everywhere, anywhere. Clearly exciting!

New DEFENDERS trailer featuring Stan "THE MAN" Lee, and another "hero".
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

Now The Defenders are coming, in less than 3 weeks, I read somewhere that it takes place in 48 hours, one month after Iron Fist and a few months after DD2... Looking at my timeline, this would place The Defenders around the same time as Civil War and I was thinking it would be great for it to take place exactly during the events of Civil War, showing the "ordinary citizens from the ground"'s reaction to that event. Not as the main storyline, but as the main setting. There was the "battle of New York with aliens coming from the sky", now there could be the "battle of the super heroes".

As The Defenders are full of lawyers, it would totally make sense to have them at least discuss the problem of Civil War. DD, JJ, LC and IF are super heroes too, and the same problem applies to them. Maybe two of them more like Iron Man and two of them more like Cap. Or 1 vs 3. Not a real battle (but surely they'll fight a little between each other) but a real talk.

This timeline just makes a lot of sense so it would be dumb not to use it to show the parallel between the "sky" and the "streets".

On another subject, I read that Luke Cage season 2 and Iron Fist season 2 are also greenlight and will be shot soon for a broadcast in 2018. That would make one season of each character in 2018. Maybe too much. We'll see but I hoped they would make a Heroes for Hire kind of series (with another title maybe) with Luke, Danny and Jessica together, so only one series for three characters. To not make too many series at once.

2018 seems like a busy year for the MCU and I hope it won't destroy the good balance we have now between number and quality.

Not a licensed attorney Forum Staff Hoody's Avatar

I just really feel like "The Hand" is a big enough threat that some of the Avengers might want to help out.
    Yea Nash was defending his wife, from his son. At least no one tore a quad. - Biosynthnut v.2

The Party Never Stops CosmoBubba's Avatar

I''d also wonder just how Spider-Man would factor into the whole thing. But then it seems like they're perfectly fine keeping the TV shows segregated from the movies outside of the occasional oblique reference, I'd be surprised if any of the shows ever mention Spidey even existing.
    "Now I'd like two eggs, over hard. I know, don't tell me; it's hard on the arteries, but old habits die hard, just about as hard as I want those eggs. Bacon, super-crispy. Almost burned. Cremated. That's great. And, I'll have the grapefruit juice, just as long as those grapefruits are freshly squeezed."

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoBubba View Post
    I''d also wonder just how Spider-Man would factor into the whole thing. But then it seems like they're perfectly fine keeping the TV shows segregated from the movies outside of the occasional oblique reference, I'd be surprised if any of the shows ever mention Spidey even existing.
    As I said, for now, I'd like to see the "Civil War' treated in the Netflix series like the "battle of New York", no more, no less.

As far as Spider-Man is concerned, there's an obvious link between the movies and Netflix, I mean, the Kingpin, a traditional enemy of both DareDevil and Spider-Man.

And as we know TV series never last more than a decade, if they are not called Doctor Who or Supernatural, the characters from the TV series would be available for movie appearances in the future. Plus, contrary to the ABC series, the Netflix series are broadcast as a big movie, with all the episodes of a season written and shot way before the release. Plus, they are all set around one year before the release date. That means the movies that are parallel and/or previous to them are already written and shot (and release) way before they write and shoot the Netflix seasons.

So they can totally work together. They just need the good story. Don't make a crossover just to make a crossover.

That's why I think a DD cameo in a "Spider-Man 3 vs The Kingpin" in 2021 would totally make sense and be easy to do. (DD3 in 2018, DD4 in 2019, DD5 in 2020... That would be enough for the character on TV and allow him to go on the big screen next).

They could also have Spidey on TV reports during the Netflix series. He started his super heroic activities 6 months before Civil War, so in the 2018 seasons taking place in 2017, before the movie Homecoming for some of them, after the movie for others, they could totally have mentions of Spidey in NY. Spidey is in the sky but also in the streets. It would make sense to use him to crossover the two parts of the MCU.

And for phases 4,5,6, for the Avengers 4 aftermath, Feige said he wanted to do something less epic, less "titanic" than Thanos, and that would be right to have The Kingpin, the Hand, and eventually, Osborn (for phases 5 and 6) confronting the (New) Avengers. At least, if Feige can't have Namor, Dr Doom, Galactus and Kang (at Fox for now) for the MCU.

And a "New Avengers/Defenders" movie at some point during the 2020s would be a good idea, maybe to conclude the first arc (three phases) of the Netflix series. Enough time for the Netflix heroes to live by themselves, and a good reason to crossover, to conclude "big" their storyline (when the actors want to do something else, before the reboot of the characters with other actors, or going to other characters).

I'm impatiently waiting for The Defenders. I hope the quality will be equal to DD2. At least.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoody View Post
    I just really feel like "The Hand" is a big enough threat that some of the Avengers might want to help out.
    Maybe for that Avengers/Defenders movie I was thinking about, but not for this first time for the Defenders. Not any rumor about an Avenger appearance.

But I hope there will be some kind of big setting around that first crossover, and not just a drug/gang war led by Lady Gao (Hao ? Never remember her name!!!). This need something a little more epic. So mentions of The SHIELD and the Avengers, and Dr Strange, and Spidey. Just something to mark a checkpoint in the Netflix series.

Final DEFENDERS trailer.

Watched the whole season in 2 sessions (5 episodes opening night and 3 the saturday morning) but I needed time to think about it before posting my review. (Plus, I was playing full time Dark Souls and I just stopped yesterday!)

So, what to say about The Defenders ? Same thing as the other 5 seasons of Marvel/Netflix already available. A lot of good. But some failures.

The characters are all great. Stick is wonderful. Episode 4 is the greatest episode of all-time with the four interacting together for the first time. Great lines. No one left behind. The relationship between Luke Cage and Iron Fist, so important in the comics, was greatly introduced in the 5th episode (or was it 6th) where they are both left alone in the dojo. Colleen Wing is always the most beautiful girl on earth. (There are plenty others beautiful girls, but this one, I don't know, I've got a crush on her). Jessica and Matt work great together. The jokes on DD's costume. The way Matt decided to remove his mask after long time trying to hide his real identity to Jessica, Luke and Danny. His relationship to Elektra. Elektra and The Hand. As for the Avengers, the best part is the relationship between the characters without putting one above the others. I would say Misty Knight was kinda left behind, but the same can be said for Franklin, Karen, Malcolm, Trish and the other secondary characters. Only Colleen is more active, but she's a fighter and she's directly involved with The Hand. So that's an explanation. Episode 5 with all the secondary characters reunited at the police station was great to see them interacting.

Now for the storyline, I love how it ties together the 4 previous series, even if Luke Cage's story is very less important than DD's and IF's. As for Jessica Jones, obviously Killgrave has nothing to do with The Defenders' story but the situation Jessica is at the beginning of the story comes clearly from that first season. Well, the same can be said about Luke Cage, protector of Harlem. It's just that The Defenders is more the sequel to DD1, DD2 and IF1 than JJ1 and LC1. But it's great to see the 4 storylines coming together. It really works as if everything was foreseen since the beginning.

It was epic, with The Hand and K'un L'un, the Five Fingers. I think they could have made a more epic ending but it was TV, not movie. That's surely the reason. From the early earthquake to the ending, there was a real feel of disaster to come if The Hand was successful. The fights were intense. Without spoilers, I have to say they should have stopped one minute before their ending to leave on a real cliffhanger, instead of showing the start of the answer. Overall, a great ending for Phase 1.

A great scene : when DD interviews/tortures a member of The Hand with his costume and the lighting making him look like a demon. Really great moment.

Now for the failures, the same as the previous series. First, the first three episodes are too slow to build the meeting between the 4 characters. I think they could have made 2 episodes of the three without losing anything good. Even with only 8 episodes, there's a rythm problem. I always think 13-episodes seasons should be reduced to 8 or 9, and 8-episodes seasons to 6 or 7. There are always fillers. Never the whole episode, but parts of them. When they have written their 8 episodes, they should just say to themselves : let's tell the same story in 6 or 7 episodes, cutting everything "under" the rest, quality-wise. That's the main problem I have to rewatch those series. Too long, sometimes with nothing important happening.

As for my will to have Civil War mentioned in The Defenders, there was a missed opportunity, at the police station, episode 7, when the chief talks to the Defenders about Super-Heroes and what they should or should'nt do. "I am the police, I protect the citizens. Not you" or something like that. In a way, everything in the atmosphere is saying "those events are set just after Civil War" but they don't want to talk about it. The movie was made and released before they even start shooting The Defenders, so there shouldn't have been a problem. In DD1 they had lines about aliens attacking New York. In DD2, if I remember well, or was it LC or IF ? They had lines about a flying city (Age of Ultron). I was waiting for a line like that about Civil War, about Iron Man vs Captain America, for an example. I wanted to hear the "street man"'s opinion about the events of Civil War and The Defenders was the perfect place to have that kind of debate. It will be for another time. For the Avengers/Defenders movie, when the Netflix/Marvel series will be over in a few years.

Overall, I'm now waiting for The Punisher, I suppose around november, as they said 2017. So same place as JJ and LC. It seems there will be one season every three months in 2018 : JJ2, DD3, LC2, IF2 in that order. I read they are all in the making with JJ2 already shot. I would say Defenders 2 should be in 2020 after 2 seasons more of each character. But that could be for 2019 if the Netflix series are to be stopped before 2020 since Disney will start his own VOD channel at this point, with at least Star Wars. I don't know how many years was in the Netflix contract for Marvel. (I suppose 5 years, so til 2020.)

As for now, my rewatching of the MCU won't include the Netflix series, too different in tone, and too long, but if in the future, the characters go to the big screen, those Netflix series will be added to my watching list, except maybe for Luke Cage season 1 I have to rewatch to have a final opinion because I was so disappointed by the first time. But compared to the Arrowverse, for an example, the Netflix series are way above them in quality.

So since 2008, always no real big failures in the MCU. One disappointment in Luke Cage, but not totally, and unsure. One disappointment in Agent Carter (very too slow and without a great storyline for each season, but with great characters). For 7 TV series and 13 movies (GotG 2 and S-M not seen yet) that's a very good result.

I'm kinda afraid of The Inhumans coming this month, with bad reviews (especially for the costumes, because of one very bad still shot) but IF1 had really bad reviews too and I loved it ! And that's not Netflix so I'll have to wait for the DVD to see it !!!

Blog Entries

Not quite to the point where I can watch this series.
    I had a hard time deciding which order to watch these in, but apparently it is:
    Daredevil Season 1
    Jessica Jones
    Daredevil Season 2
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    ......The Defenders

Currently on Daredevil season 2, but I've seen the first couple of episodes of Cage & Iron Fist (messed up my timeline/assumptions). Have to come back when I finish watching everything. That's a lot of TV to consume.
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Not quite to the point where I can watch this series.
    I had a hard time deciding which order to watch these in, but apparently it is:
    Daredevil Season 1
    Jessica Jones
    Daredevil Season 2
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    ......The Defenders

Currently on Daredevil season 2, but I've seen the first couple of episodes of Cage & Iron Fist (messed up my timeline/assumptions). Have to come back when I finish watching everything. That's a lot of TV to consume.
    That's the right order.

With the years, it's :

Summer 2014 DD1
    Fall 2014 JJ1
    Road to Christmas 2015 DD2
    Same time for LC1, in parallel
    Early Spring 2016 for IF1
    Late Spring 2016 for The Defenders

73 1-hour long episodes. That's really long, I agree. Hence the problem to rewatch them with the movies (instead of watching 2 movies back to back the same night, you have to wait for maybe 30 or 40 hours if you also put Agents of SHIELD in the mix. The full MCU is a one every 10 years kind of rewatching.

Every year, it will be only the movies. And sometimes, once every two years, only the Netflix series.

Just watch them when you have a real desire to watch them. Don't force yourself.

THE PUNISHER trailer.

Finished "The Defenders" and loved it! They even redeemed Danny a lot by directly calling him out on his shit. Whereas his series was WAY too much "white men talk in boardrooms", here we got s more natural world of Ninja's and mysticism. And whilst his child-in-a-man's body aspect WAS in his own series, it was too much in the subtext, and his hero-complex played too straight. Here, we saw Luke and Jessica call Danny out... and Danny listen. And learn. And seeing him act in a more childish way in his normal behaviour, rocking on chairs and the like, just build his character up in a much more successful way. What we got was a TEAM series where the tem supported each other but also helped to evolve and develop each others characters. I can't wait to hopefully see more of the Cage / Rand partnership which the comics have done so well. Madame Gao also remains the best member of the Hand.

- Scarecrow