Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The On-Going NCAA Mens Basketball Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: The On-Going NCAA Mens Basketball Thread

Gonzaga is 5-0 and ranked 8th/10th depending on the poll. This team is good enough to make it to the Final Four. This will be their best season ever. I know they were ranked #1 at one point, but that means nothing.

This is a team that rose to fame for overachieving and upsetting teams years ago, but has recently been overrated and had several early exits from the tournament.

Facebook.
    wesr @ hotmail .com

Blog Entries

Zags lose a close one to #3 Arizona. They showed they can hang with the big boys, when they make the tourney I just hope they don't get bounced in the second round.
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

Default Re: NCAA College Football 2014 Season

All I've got to say is, thank God it's college basketball season.

Facebook.
    wesr @ hotmail .com

Blog Entries

Shocked to see Gonzaga ranked #3 and a projected #1 seed. Better than Duke and Louisville? No way. Beating up on nobodies and compiling a great record means nothing. If they can get a #1 seed, I hope they take advantage of it.

Blog Entries

Love to see Gonzaga make it to the final four. They're really good, but don't play against quality teams enough.

If Kentucky doesn't play the Zags, I hope they go undefeated and win the championship. It's been almost 40 years since Indiana.

Blog Entries

Gonzaga CRUSHED Utah yesterday. Pac-12 overrated. The Bulldogs have an excellent shot at making the elite eight, now that Michigan State is out. Vegas favored them to win both games; they seem to know more about NCAA basketball than the NCAA committee itself...
    Actually, the NCAA seems to be driven by money more than anything. No conference should get more than 5 bids, imo.

Blog Entries

I'm going to Salt Lake City today to watch Gonzaga play SDSU and then Vanderbilt play Northwestern.

Last time I saw a NCAA basketball game in person was 1998 (Great Alaskan Shootout). Exciting times.

Look for the incredibly good looking guy with the red shirt and reddish beard; I'll be in the 16th row or so.

Go Zags!

9. Thanks SanicHeghog thanked for this post

The ending of that Vanderbilt/Northwestern game was a shitshow.
    Welcome to Sonic Team. We make games I think?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Love to see Gonzaga make it to the final four.
    Today was the day.

First team to get in the Final Four. Nobody gave them a shot over Arizona. They will play either Florida (a team they've already beaten) and South Carolina (#7 seed) for a chance to go to the championship. If they do not win another game, this would still be their greatest season ever.

Yep, saw that this was the first time Gonzaga has ever been to the Final Four. Enjoy the madness, Monkey! At least it gives me some rooting interest considering my brackets went to hell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SanicHeghog View Post
    Yep, saw that this was the first time Gonzaga has ever been to the Final Four. Enjoy the madness, Monkey! At least it gives me some rooting interest considering my brackets went to hell.
    Did you have Arizona as well?

I'll be honest with you. I predicted Gonzaga would beat SDSU, NW, and WVU... before the first game was over. However, I told my nephew that they were probably going to lose against Arizona. Every prediction came true, but then Xavier won... I was ecstatic. I believe Gonzaga is better than Florida or SC. Can they get past NC or Kentucky, though? (if they make it that far)

This will probably be their best shot ever. They are good enough to win it all. It was great to see them play in person, because I was never able to see them when I lived next to campus (the kennel only seats about 6,000 or so).

14. Thanks SanicHeghog thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Did you have Arizona as well?

I'll be honest with you. I predicted Gonzaga would beat SDSU, NW, and WVU... before the first game was over. However, I told my nephew that they were probably going to lose against Arizona. Every prediction came true, but then Xavier won... I was ecstatic. I believe Gonzaga is better than Florida or SC. Can they get past NC or Kentucky, though? (if they make it that far)

This will probably be their best shot ever. They are good enough to win it all. It was great to see them play in person, because I was never able to see them when I lived next to campus (the kennel only seats about 6,000 or so).
    I did have Arizona. My final four was Duke/Arizona/Iowa State/Butler. I royally screwed it up.

I don't follow college hoops much, but one thing I know is that at this point its basically a crap shoot.