Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The All Things GODZILLA Thread

Default Re: The All Things GODZILLA Thread

First, it's sad that Herb Trimpe passed away. My condolences to his family.

Second, I don't know how I feel about the idea of Godzilla being sent to Hell. Seems rather silly to me.

Godzilla Vs Destroyah was originally Godzilla Vs The Devil.

So maybe it will have something to do with an unused story there.

IDW in August will be putting out a new mini series featuring Godzilla popping up in different periods of history. GODZILLA:Rage Across Time ! in the tradition of last year's Godzilla In Hell !, each issue will feature a different creative team. And the first issue, set in feudal Japan. In a world of samurai, ninjas, and Goddammed Mongolians, will be written by novelist Jeremy Robinson(PROJECT NEMESIS, ISLAND 731) ,and fan fave Godzilla artist returning to the King, Matt Frank.

"Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

Those IDW Godzilla comics are amazing.
    He's back... The man behind the mask...
    And he's out of control!

Kraken Releasing brings THE RETURN OF GODZILLA, released in a stateside in its unedited form for the first time in Region 1. Sadly it's not the edited by New World version with Raymond Burr that many of grew up on ,GODZILLA 1985.
    "Of course you'll have a bad impression of New York if you only focus on the pimps and the C.H.U.D.S."-Marge Simpson

On the heels of the announcement that the RETURN OF GODZILLA will be getting a Region 1, stateside release later this year. Comes another, if not more surprising announcement. GODZILLA Vs. LEGENDARY WOLF-MAN , the seemingly lost to the dustbin of history , and Toho lawyers fan-film by Shizuo Nakajima. Will in fact be getting finally completed, and planned for a DVD/Blu-Ray release this summer to coincide with GODZILLA RESURGENCE'S release.

That's interesting. In fact, it's huge. But will it really happen?

Blog Entries

...reminds me of a certain video game.
    “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

A bloke by the name Hone Oyaji has demonstrated quite a bit of creativity while using the tools, and materials at hand. In a piece of artwork that would make H.R. Giger proud, and model makers everywhere salute. Utilizing the left over bones of all things, KFC chicken. Oyaji has constructed a sculpture of Godzilla's arch foe, KING GHIDORAH.

As some longtime dedicated G-Fans may know, and remember. In the late Nineties Random House published a series of young adult novels featuring Godzilla. And in a bit of a first for an American publishing effort, some recognizable daikaiju from the Toho franchise also showed up for the party. The YA books were written by Pennsylvania native Marc Cerasini. Starting off with GODZILLA RETURNS !, picking up forty years after Godzilla's first rampage.

Followed by GODZILLA 2000 where Godzilla makes landfall on the United States. Kamacuras swarming the Midwest. Varan working his way up from the Gulf of Mexico to the United States. Rodan swooping in from the Arctic, and using Mt Rushmore as a nest. Then to add gasoline to the fire King Ghidorah shows up.

The came a monster free for all involving a lost civilization dispatching monsters around the world to wipe out the infestation of humanity in GODZILLA:AT WORLD'S END !.

Then it's farggin' war when a massively injured King Ghidorah crash lands in Mongolian, and it's dictator has the King of Terror turned into a cyborg as the ultimate weapon in GODZILLA Vs. THE ROBOT MONSTERS.

However things ground to a halt with the release of the 1998 Devlin and Emmerich's college try at Godzilla ended with a whole lot of disappointed audiences. The fifth book in the series, GODZILLA & THE LOST CONTINENT, which got a preview at the end of Robot Monsters was shelved.

Author Marc Cerasini gets into what was to happen with the lost novel featuring the Lost Continent.

You should be interested in godzilla games: http://mygodzillagames.com
    I hope you will love them.
    The world is not the same as it was!